Ducati Sporting Club UK
Ducati Insurance - Questions and Answers!
This section allows you to ask questions about insurance directly to Ducati Insurance and receive a reply!

Old 15-May-2003, 10:38
Mille

Mood: Looking forwards...........
Cheap and well featured insurance

I was scouring brokers for a quote for my 900SS FE and considering that I am renewing my faith in biking I was expecting a high premium. Having no no claims bonus and a GP14 bike I was getting quoted prices around the £500 mark give or take £50 which I was expecting to pay. I came across this particular broker by chance via a link, via a link, via a link (if you get my drift!!) and posted my details. As I needed cover ASAP Iwas just ready to do a deal for £400 which was the cheapest but had adequate options. Rampdale Insurance got back to me with a quote for £296!!! which was fully loaded with all the cover I would ever want.

Now you tell me why others charge so much from exactly the same insurer??

Confused but a happy Colin.

Rampdale Insurance and don't forget to mention my name.
Old 16-May-2003, 12:12
Regional Organiser - BHCN
Ducati Corse

Mood: Raring to Ride
Colin, Reckon you done well out of that,Ive sent of my details for a quote thanks for the info. Regards Fordie
Old 25-May-2003, 18:54
Mille

Here\'s a good scam

Insured for 10.5 months with Broker A & insurance co B.

Upgrade bike, 750SS to 748S.

Broker A, 'sorry, cannot insure you for new bike sir as you don't have enough no claims'. Ha.. phoned insurance co direct who say 'No sir, cannot normally do it but will cover you for next 6 weeks. Please renew elsewhere thereafter. Helpful chap!

Not that easy as Broker B refuses to accept this!

Finally insured with broker C no problem and with NO NOCLAIMS with who.... you've guessed it Insurance co B!

Old 10-Jun-2003, 12:07
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Hmmmm... Well, Rampdale didn't help me an awful lot.

Thought I would try them after Bennetts my current insurers quoted me £411 for my second year with them (1 Year NCB). I thought that was a bit steep since it's not a great reduction from my first year with no NCB, especially when you consider the bike is worth about £1000 quid less than last year with an extra 7K miles on the clock. And it's only an 85bhp ST2, not exactly a fire breathing monster.

Rampdale couldn't get anywhere near. Work that one out.
Old 10-Jun-2003, 15:09
Mille

I insure with Carole Nash and rang them for a cover note to add my ST2 when I bought it as I didn't want to immediately have to sell my Kwacka. The additional premium was £35 for 6 months!

ok only TP.F&T but not bad as I only have 1 yr no claims

SA

proves you've got to shop around!