Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 21-Mar-2004, 13:48

Mood: under pressure - constant state
WSB style can for 749 / 999 - for sale

Hi,

This bike and can was on the Ducati stand at Ally Pally in Jan 2004 and the NEC Nov 2003. It is our development bike and we have done all the work to the bike.

We have developed a can for the 749 and 999 that replicates the look and sound of the Ducati factory World Super Bike. The can has no CAT, is about 2/3rd’s the weight of the standard can and increase airflow around the can and seat unit. Because the can has no restrictions it runs cooler than the standard can. Our can slips on to the standard pipes, will fit a Mono or BP and has recessed fasteners to allow you to fit the standard back light, plate mount and wiring loom / tube. The front pipe we supply will have no CAT and is supplied on an exchange basis for your standard front pipe.

The system will work with the standard ECU and will require NO MODIFICATIONS to your bike at all. For piece of mind you can get your local dealer to check and adjust the mixture, this should be no more than 45 mins labour and no parts will be required.

The price is less than half that of a £1,200 Termig system.

Be warned this is not a muted Termig sounding “race” can; it is the full on old style Ducati race bike sound.

We have a very limited production run and orders are being taken for delivery in late April.

Our development bike has full carbon fibre bodywork, larger capacity tank, additional frame rail, red frame / wheels. The attached photo shows the bike with the development titanium can which has no mounting for lights etc. The production can is in stainless and will mount all standard hardware.

If you are interested in the can or any of the modifications we have done please contact Mark at gundem1@chevrontexaco.com if you are local to Derbyshire you are welcome to come and see the bike / can.

Forgot to add, if you check out the photo's carefully you will see a row of LED lights on the back of the sub frame, headlights in the front and I run with a 9" x 3" number plate mounted where the pipes go into the can. As for the slicks you can only tell they are slicks when your stationary, just don't stop next to a police car. This bike does go on the road and is not just a track day special.

[Edited on 21-3-2004 by Spyke748]

[Edited on 21-3-2004 by Spyke748]
Old 21-Mar-2004, 13:50

Photo of WSB style RaceFit can.

Old 21-Mar-2004, 13:52

2nd photo of 749 / 999 WSB style can.

Old 21-Mar-2004, 22:29

This looks like a pretty good option for those wanting a WSB rep look for their track day bikes. Will the can accomodate the carbon shroud that covers the pipe on a 749R/999R or would you have to cut the back of the shroud off to show the exposed steel silencer as per WSB?

Also, is the larger tank an official Ducati part? It looks very similar (but not the same as) the 999 racers. Same for the chassis, with the removable spar. More info on these please!

Rob

[Edited on 21-3-2004 by robracenut]
Old 21-Mar-2004, 22:36
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Looks great.I would like to see a pic with lights and no.plate fitted.
I might be interested in just a can.I have already got an unresticted front pipe.
Old 21-Mar-2004, 22:47

WSB style can for 749 / 999

The can is designed to fit without a heat shield. As there is no restriction in the can it runs much cooler than the standard can and does not need one. The can that I have for sale is a stainless item that can be supplied mirror polished or in a brush finish. This is not just a track day item, OK it's not street legal but most Dukes don't have street legal cans. This does sound like a 916 style bike with Termigs. So far I've not heard a 749 / 999 sound any good yet.

The Carbon tank is not a Ducati item, it is however styled on one. I had the tank made last year way before Ducati launched the 749R. When I say the whole bike is carbon I'm not exaggerating - full fairing with the mould taken from a Ducati Corse race bike, tank, seat unit, front mud guard, vee piece, heat shields, belt covers, clutch cover, sprocket cover etc etc. The bike will be run this year in carbon and may be painted next year.

The frame has the removable spars just like the WSB bike, for the road it's more show than actual use. Does look good though when anyone spots them.

This is the bike that Ducati borrowed for their stand at Ally Pally 2004. If you send me an e-mail I can send a few more photo's showing the bodywork and can in more detail.
Old 26-Mar-2004, 00:07
Montjuic

Mood: picture crazy
so what's the final price? also, would you guys be willing to ship to the US?

(we don't have too many smog police here so it's "legal" as far as i'm concerned=)
Old 26-Mar-2004, 08:04

Quote:
Originally posted by tongpo
so what's the final price? also, would you guys be willing to ship to the US?

(we don't have too many smog police here so it's "legal" as far as i'm concerned=)

I'm also interested to know if you'll ship only the can abroad (Sweden) as my father is looking for a can for his 749.

[Edited on 26-3-2004 by fege]
Old 26-Mar-2004, 13:37
Montjuic

Quote:
Originally posted by Spyke748
When I say the whole bike is carbon I'm not exaggerating - full fairing with the mould taken from a Ducati Corse race bike, tank, seat unit, front mud guard, vee piece, heat shields, belt covers, clutch cover, sprocket cover etc etc. The bike will be run this year in carbon and may be painted next year.
Who told you they were Corse fairings? They are not even remotely like Corse items.
Old 29-Mar-2004, 01:05

Carbon Fairing

I saw the origional fairings that were used to create the molds. They were definite Ducati race items from an early 2003 race bike.

Not sure if the design has changed, or, if they were off a 999 WSB or other class of Ducati race bike. I do know that they are nothing like standard fairings and nothing like anything else that I have seen on the road.