Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 13-Jan-2011, 14:53
Mille

Question Servicing - Scotland?

I've had a quick nose around the forum to see if there's any particular recommendations for the servicing of my bike (916).

The bike's hardly covered any mileage, over the last couple of years, since getting a complete strip down and rebuild with W.M. Snell

The trouble is that, given the time (and the worries) with the belts, a full service is now due.

Transporting the bike all the way back to the South (I'm near Edinburgh) seems insane, so I've got contact details for:

1. Ducati Glasgow

2. ERS Racing

ERS are much nearer to me, but I don't know anything about them(?)

Obviously, I want the job done properly, want to keep the costs well under control, but I'm also wondering just how difficult it would be to do the service and inspection work myself??

Recommendations please...

G
Old 16-Jan-2011, 21:40
Mille
Bikes: DD 620, 998 Matrix, 500 Pantah, Honda 350 K4, Drixton 500 Honda, Triumph 1050.

Mood: Depends on how many crashes I have!!!!!
I bought my 998 from Alvins, and since they closed have had the bike serviced by Eddie at ERS, and had no problems. Eddie also races Mini-twins in the Scottish championship, and heard of him through that

There was also a rumour that Martin from Ducati Glasgow was also trying to open a shop in Edinburgh, but not heard any more about it, might be worth droppng him a PM and asking or phoning him.

Steve
Old 21-Jan-2011, 16:52
Mille

I've given ERS a quick call, to chat about the work that I'd like to have done, and I'm quite impressed.

Martin and the folks at Ducati Glasgow have always been good, but monies are tight, meaning that to move my 'project' forward needs a bit more of a personal approach.

The fella at ERS certainly sounds a bit more flexible... I'm going to go and visit the workshop first, have a chat and see what I think, before commiting myself.

Fingers-crossed.

G
Old 21-Jan-2011, 17:03
Bikes: 916 & 900 sl

Only ever heard good things about ERS
Old 21-Jan-2011, 17:31
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
You might want to ask some of the guys on the SDC/DUN forum for their opinions? Might be of help if you've not asked already.

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 01-Feb-2011, 12:23
Mille

I popped up to see the workshop and have a chat at the weekend.

Everything seems in order, so I've committed myself to a few smaller jobs, just to see how well the work's done and what sort of service I get with that...

If I'm happy, then I'll certainly commit to getting the large proportion of the servicing work done.

Fingers-crossed.

G
Old 07-Feb-2011, 22:12
Mille

Bit of an update...

True to his word, I got a call today from Eddie, just to check that everything would be ok for him to come to the house and pick the bike up this evening...

No worries from me... So, bike prep'ed and all ready to roll.

He pitched up on time and was swift about getting a quick walk around the Duc', a quick confirmation of the work we'd talked about previously; then whipped the bike into the van.

Impressed so far... The Duc' was very carefully loaded, secured and checked over.

Fingers-crossed, feels strange to have the bike out of sight
Old 14-Feb-2011, 16:46
Mille

Question

Just had an update...

Another dealer has swapped out my 'good' plugs for a set of cheapies (without telling me ) so I've asked for another set of NGK's to be installed.

Throttle cable is sticking a little, so that'll get flushed and lubed properly.

Oil/Filter change, with Motul 300V (no point in trying to skip an oil change).

Diagnostic / TPS set-up and injectors setup...

Should be about 3.5 hours labour, all in.

Oh, that includes sorting the headlight reflector, fitting the correct beam deflector for the UK.

That doesn't seem to bad at all to me.

Thoughts?
Old 24-Feb-2011, 20:00

I've used ERS for the past three years or so. Had the annual service and MoT done and also got the suspension sorted. Eddie's a perfectionist and you won't be disappointed.