Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 05-Mar-2007, 02:17
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Exclamation Tips on Posting race results - use **SPOILER**

I've fallen fowl at the 'red mist' decending after reading race results here and have learnt my lesson!

However, when posting - if your text contains race results it is good form to include the **SPOILER** in the title so it gives an indication as to whats inside!

The other side of the fence is that if you visit a Motorcycle forum after a motorcycle race there is a pretty high chance someone WILL post a thread about it - please dont be too harsh on those who have posted.

Cheers - Frank

NB - come on Loris !!!
Old 05-Mar-2007, 11:16
GTL

Mood: Just happy to be here!
Thank You Iconic!

I'm glad someone has posted this, Dseered did suggest it, after my 'faux paux' on the 'Phillip Island Race 1' thread ...

What did make me laugh was that MCN put a massive pic of 'the winner of Race 2, Phillip Island' (see i'm learning! ) on the front of their Homepage that only a blind man could miss!

Might i just add another 'cautionary note' to people...

YOU DON'T APPEAR TO BE ABLE TO EDIT THE TITLE OF YOUR THREAD ONCE POSTED!?

Ti

PS: I agree, Come On Loris!!!
Old 05-Mar-2007, 11:24
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
and please move any results down in the first post of a thread, the forum software lets you "read" the first 250 characters without opening the post, all it take is a mouse rollover of a thread title and you can read those first words.

There is a hack on vbulletin org which adds a spoiler tag to hide results in a post which then needs a button click to reveal them, it doesn't stop the thread problem though

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit