Ducati Sporting Club UK
Rideouts, Meets and other Events
Details of various meetings, rideouts and events that are not Ducati specific.

Old 24-Jul-2012, 00:38
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Thumbs up "Bike 8 Ride" Charity Request

Pete is far too humble a guy to post too many requests but I'm not due to my advancing years and enjoyment of a second childhood.

Seriously, this is a great cause and effort and is deserving of any support anyone can offer....

DSC user Rockjock620 and friend have taken on a ride as below:

"Bike Magazine has it's new ride called the "Bike 8". 1500 miles or so, give or take, it sort of travels around England, Scotland and Wales taking in some/many of the better motorcycling roads. It is not a race.

We want to do it like this - first leg is on Friday the 24th August via the West Coast - Harrogate to Penrith to Glasgow to Fort Bill to Strathcarron to Kinlochewe to Inverness to Nairn to Ballater to the Spittal of Glenshee.

We'll have a rest on the Saturday.

On the Sunday head home via Perth to Edinburgh to Galashiels to Jedburgh to Hexham to Barnard Castle to Ripon and home.

On the Monday we'll do the leg down through to Lincoln across the Midlands into South Wales then up through Mid Wales to the Pennines and Buxton to Holmfirth then home.

I want to raise money for two causes - Multiple Sclerosis Research and Barnardos for children.

I personally know of five people who are currently afflicted by MS and have known at least two others who have died from it. You must know people too. Research is ongoing and needs your support.

I am currently involved in the Supported Lodgings Scheme with Barnardos, a scheme which provides exactly that for 16-21 year olds who are at school, college, in apprenticeships or indeed even work located away from their home base. Children as you know are usually the victims in this world, often due to circumstances beyond their control. They too could do with your support.

It'll be a long slog but as you know I don't mind a challenge and am looking forward to it. Sort of. If you feel you can support it would be great. I am looking to raise £1000 for each cause. I can collect on the route and if anyone wants to ride part of it with us too that would be awesome. I already have several donations from my immediate circles, often £1 per 100 miles but anything at all is welcome."

Pete's Facebook page is:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Bi...45199588893912

and his recently created 'Just Giving' page for online donations is:

JUST GIVING

Thanks in advance - Frank