Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 12-Sep-2013, 23:33
Montjuic
Bikes: Triumph Speed Triple/DD 620/

Mood: It's a grand life if you don't weaken
Quote:
Originally Posted by mat2hew
that's the sort of thing.

where are you trumpet?

Oban, about 2 hours North West of Glasgow. Told you it was a long way from anywhere! But would probably fit some family visiting in a same time.

Have a look at Overlander Trail Tours, the chap who runs this is called Boyd and we had a brilliant time with him a few years ago on our own bikes, but I think he now hires bikes as well. Went up hills in and around the 'Cat and Fiddle', Stanage Edge and some tough trails in the peak district. Anyway we had great fun and Boyd was really good.
Old 13-Sep-2013, 09:07
Mille
Bikes: YZF750R, DD 'B' class monster #2

If my wrist is upto it by then I'm in. I did one a few years ago down near Ringwood on CRF 250's. It was sold as the MCN off road experience at the time and you got as m,uch or little time on the bikes as you wanted. The first time I fell off I was trapped under the bike, not because the bike was too heavy to push off, but because I couldn't stop laughing.
Old 18-Sep-2013, 23:01
Mille
Bikes: 900ss 600ss xr400

mid wales?

how many folks have their own bikes- there's a load of space between roads here in mid wales- sadly very little of it is legal to ride (they need to catch you first though)
- there are legal bits but not always so easy to join the nice bits of legal routes together without bit of research- will try find out if there's someone who can guide a day route for mix of own bike/ hire bike
Old 18-Sep-2013, 23:31
Mille

found this

http://www.cambrianway.com/index.cfm?id=116

rode the strata florida section couple years ago but cant remember way too well- rode round some of the elan valley earlier this year- like the sound of hiring os sat nav with routes in it
Old 26-Sep-2013, 10:59
Bevel Head
Bikes: Yamaha R1, Ducati 600SS

ive never ridden off road before but ive always fancied a go. ive not got my own bike but im in
Old 28-Sep-2013, 10:40
DSC Club Member
Mille
Bikes: 620SS Desmo Due 800SS Minitwin 1000SS Monster 750

Mood: Inquisitive cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by milesaway
how many folks have their own bikes- there's a load of space between roads here in mid wales- sadly very little of it is legal to ride (they need to catch you first though)
- there are legal bits but not always so easy to join the nice bits of legal routes together without bit of research- will try find out if there's someone who can guide a day route for mix of own bike/ hire bike

Used to have a yz250 .. Beach raced it at mablethorpe .. cracking fun

Miss having an off roader .. been hankering after a xlr250 of late .. must be my age / love of air cooled simplicity
Old 28-Sep-2013, 10:47
DSC Club Member
Mille
Bikes: 620SS Desmo Due 800SS Minitwin 1000SS Monster 750

Mood: Inquisitive cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by milesaway
http://www.cambrianway.com/index.cfm?id=116

rode the strata florida section couple years ago but cant remember way too well- rode round some of the elan valley earlier this year- like the sound of hiring os sat nav with routes in it

Looks awesome!! (tm matt)
Old 28-Sep-2013, 11:22
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by bally71
Used to have a yz250 ..
Miss having an off roader .. been hankering after a xlr250 of late .. must be my age / love of air cooled simplicity

mate of mine recently bought nice xr250 baya for £800- great bike (just need gear them lower for decent off road use) and much easier to start than the xr400
Old 01-Oct-2013, 14:42
Mille

another option

talked to the guys at cambrian way (link i posted before) and they can only cater for people with own bike and no bike hire ideas but put me onto these guys in welshpool (nr shrewsbury) instead

http://trailridinguk.com/index.php
http://trailridinguk.com/videos/

i talked to them and they can do £180 (inc bike) for 1day riding+1night accom/ £370 (inc bike) for 2day+2nights on groups of 4+ riders
they are fully booked all weekends till dec so this for midweek only!

this is probably the last option in this part of country unless can get bikes in which case options are many

Last edited by milesaway : 01-Oct-2013 at 23:57.
Old 09-Oct-2013, 15:43
Mille

who's interested

Just to try and see how many are interested/ who they are and if/when can they make a midweek slot-
not sure how to start organising this but knowing who's in and what they want gives half a chance- failing that we'll have to settle for a p✂ss up in a brewery