Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 02-Jul-2012, 11:04
Montjuic

Full Termi System and DP Race Seat.

Hello All,
My bike has just had the full termi system fitted and I had also ordered a DP Race seat as the original one is just too slippery for me to get on with.

The seat makes a huge difference not only to grip but also surprisingly to comfort ( which perhaps isnt that surprising as I found the DP race on my 1098S to be comfortable as well ). Its as very different shape to the original seat and is significantly higher where the seat meets the tank which pushes you back away from the tank a little. The grip is much much better, I didnt slide backwards under hard acceleration once on the way home.

The exhaust is a different note, slightly deeper and a bit more rumbling than the termi cans that were fitted and the bike seems to rev faster than it did before but.... there is a huge hole in the delivery at about 4.5-5k, so much so that it almost hesitates and takes a deep breath before going mental for the red line. The mechanic likened it to riding a 200hp two stroke! Apparently Ducati are aware of this there is a new map expected in the next couple of weeks that will fill the hole and smooth everything out.
Also, the pipes are almost too large for the road fairings. The mechanic fitted some heat reflective tape on the inside of the fairing to try and deflect as much heat away as possible but there have been reports of discoloration on the fairings on bikes that have the full system fitted. The dealer said to keep an eye on it and if it starts to happen then let them know as it'll be covered under warranty. There is an airgap all around the pipes and they don't acutally physically touch the fairing but it's something to aware of.

Is the full system worth it over the slip ons? I'd say no at the moment given the big hole that it has created. However, it'll be interesting to see what happens with the new map and how that changes things. All I have to do now is get rid of the Termi slip ons to help offset the cost!

Oh, the bolts for the suspension recall are due in approx July 12th.

Cheers,
Ben