Ducati Sporting Club UK
Private Adverts
Use this forum for all private adverts. You must have been a registered member on this board for at least 14 days before you are allowed to post.

Old 17-Oct-2009, 17:45
888 at Last !!!

Mood: Glad to be here
F/S Mk1 Superlight

I’m selling my lovely 900 Mk1 Superlight to help pay for my upcoming wedding.

It is in excellent and unmolested condition. There have been some modifications to the bike, all carried out by the previous owner. The suspension has been modified professionally, initially by Maxtons, and then MH Racing in Wiltshire. The forks have had new valves and springs fitted. The rear shock has been replaced and a new spring fitted. I have all the paperwork for this, as well as the original shock, and all the fork internals that were removed by Maxton, so if the new owner wanted to return the bike to its original settings then it could be done. I would recommend against it though as the bike is currently set up beautifully. As the fork work was internal and the shock has a yellow spring, it is impossible to tell visually that the work has been done.

Termignoni carbon exhaust cans were fitted, along with an open airbox, and a dynojet stage 2 carb tuning kit. The bike sounds superb and goes really well. Set up was done by Baines and I have the paperwork for it. I have the original exhaust cans in good condition, and I also have the original jets and needles. High level Termis for this model and the 900SS have been out of production for several years and now command high prices. I have seen original Termis like these sell for around £1000 on ebay. These ones are in excellent condition with no marks.

Everything is there to put the bike back in to stock condition if you wanted to, but I think that the suspension mods and the Termis really make this bike superb. It handles and rides so well.

The bike was given a 2 year service in October 2007 by Louigi Moto before I bought it. I had a 1 year service done by Louigi Moto in April this year, and the belts were also changed. The carbs were stripped and cleaned at the same time. I have previous service records as well.

The bike is in excellent condition considering its age. The previous owners have clearly taken good care of it, as have I. It still has the original carbon mudguard and hugger, open clutch cover, fully floating Brembo discs, and Marvic/Akront magnesium/alloy wheels – all exclusive to the Mark 1. This bike is number 540 as indicated by the plaque on the top clamp. The toolkit is complete and under the seat. I have the original owner’s handbook. Original bill of sale and paperwork for the sale to the second owner too. There’s also two original keys, one unused.

The bike is currently on a SORN (not taxed)

The MOT expires on April 3rd 2010. I have all the previous MOTs too.

I’m the third owner, having bought the bike in October 2007. The bike was first purchased and registered in the UK in February 1993, then sold to the second owner in 1995. He then owned the bike before selling it to me.
The first owner had the clocks from his 750SS fitted to the bike when new as they were in kilometres and he wanted to use the bike mainly in France. The odometer reading was 3120 Kms when fitted. I’ve got the paperwork from the dealer to show that they did this work. The current reading is 14754 Kms, so that’s a total of 11,634 Kms, or 7213 miles.
Here are some photos. And the price ….. £4,500.

Last edited by Gilps : 17-Oct-2009 at 17:55.
Old 03-Nov-2009, 08:33
888 at Last !!!

Now on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...STRK:MESELX:IT
Old 03-Nov-2009, 10:34
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Utterly flippin' gorgeous.I'd have it today,if only I had the space.
Good luck with the sale and the wedding.
Old 20-Nov-2009, 19:42
888 at Last !!!

I've relisted it on ebay after being messed around big style by a French buyer. What is it with these guys? They read the terms of the deal, bid and then win, and then try to change the payment. Surely a £250 deposit isn't too much to ask. The guy wanted to pick it up in 5 weeks and not pay anything up front. I expected him to then turn up, kick the tyres and offer me a lower price. He then gets arsey when I tell him I'm relisting it.
I've set the reserve at £3500 so if anyone is interested let me know and I'll do a deal privately.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...STRK:MESELX:IT
Old 24-Nov-2009, 07:34
888 at Last !!!

My lovely Mk1 SL has now sold to a chap from UKMOC. I don't think I'll use ebay again to sell a bike.
Old 24-Nov-2009, 08:19
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilps
My lovely Mk1 SL has now sold to a chap from UKMOC. I don't think I'll use ebay again to sell a bike.

Well someone has got themselves a nice bike.

As for Ebay I know some peope that hate using it for selling, its less hassle as a buyer

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit