Ducati Sporting Club UK
Private Adverts
Use this forum for all private adverts. You must have been a registered member on this board for at least 14 days before you are allowed to post.

Old 20-Sep-2009, 19:45
Bevel Head

WTB carbon RS fuel tank for 916/955/996 RS 98/99 or similar

Want to buy a carbon fibre RS fuel tank, anything with larger capacity than stock. Should come with fuel cap.

1998/1999 RS tanks preferred, but will certainly look at other MYs.

PM me with offers or email: info@powerwheelie.de

Ben
Old 21-Sep-2009, 00:52
Big Twin

Careful, the RS tanks are quite different to the standard ones. Fuel pump is different, connections are different, etc.

You also need the airbox that is compatible with it, especially for the early ones as the fuel taps were on the left hand side.

The later tanks work as well with shower injectors in the airbox.

... and they do not have any recess for ignition key.

Unless you have such a set up, your best bet is to go for a larger tank with bigger capacity but still working with standard pump. I have one like that from QB Carbon. Not planning to sell it at the moment but they aren't too bad new. About Ģ850 / Ģ900.

p
Old 21-Sep-2009, 11:37
Bevel Head

Hi Phil,

thanks mate, I was aware of the differences. Not interested in a QB carbon unit, as I want the real deal.

Do you know of any good UK sources that might carry RS parts?
Old 21-Sep-2009, 15:06
Big Twin

Luck of the draw I am afraid.

I managed to pick a complete one up over summer at very good price and brut carbon colour. I had to have one instead of the QB one because I wanted it to work with shower injectors and RS airbox.

Recently another complete one turn up from Target Motorsport and sold for almost GBP1,000.

The tanks on their own turn up fairly regularly. The problem though are the internals as it is very difficult to get fuel pump units, etc. Those 2 complete tanks are the first ones I saw in a couple of years having the fuel taps in the airbox. I have seen of few more of the early models with the taps on the left hand side. So there are a rare beast, but likewise to London Buses, you wait ages for one and a couple turn up.

I picked up some very pricey connectors for internals some time ago. The RS bikes have brainded fuel lines with screw on connectors (not push in and clip). I am unlikely to use them on my project so if they end up left over, i'll be happy to sell them on.

If you are looking for real Corse stuff, Les Liney was selling some 60mm twin injectors sometime back for about Ģ1500. That's a set up that was used on the early RS bikes (which run the small airbox) but I think that it was deemed too brutal and they then went on to have shower injectors and bigger airboxes instead.

On my 996 I am going to run 748RS shower injectors bored out to 54mm. That will be good enough... though it is not a straight fit with the RS airbox. Nelly is having to use the Dremel to make the airbox fit....

p
Old 21-Sep-2009, 23:25
Bevel Head

I saw Nickīs listing for the Hodgson fuel tank. It ended at about 1100 Euros or something. But I could have never taken that thing and scratch off the paint. Itīs a piece of racing history.

At the moment I am only looking for the fuel tank. Maybe Iīll get myself the long sought after mag swingarm if the tank isnīt turning out to be too expensive.
Old 22-Sep-2009, 21:29
Mille

Mood: Meditating
I have put my Bayliss back to standard, so I have a large capacity carbon Corse tank that fits over shower injectors. Its painted repainted red/white (originally off Rutters 2002 Renegade bike) it has a carbon non breather cap

http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/at...6&d=1205414887

All the internals are complete although I had to change the connectors. It has no recess for the ignition - just a dip to rest your chin!

Last edited by Whele : 22-Sep-2009 at 21:33.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit