Quote:
Originally posted by Twinfan
Don't tell me - you converted yours!!!!

Do you really think i'd be that thick?

:P Bugger,caught out again:P

[Edited on 15-9-2005 by swannymere]
Old 15-Sep-2005, 20:33

749s

Go for the 749s and spend the change on a rear shock suitable for your weight. Had a couple of Dukes in the past but now ride an 03 749s and more than pleased with it. Only had a quick spin on a trebble9 so can't really comment,but if like me you like to use the bike to its full potential and get out of it what you put in then the 749s is the one. Handling is sweet as, and there is nothing like being cranked over on a sweeping bend nailing it,changing up nailing it again and it just staying planted on line coming up to another bend no brakes just bang it down 2, drop your shoulder and wind it on some more,awesome and still feeling in control. I've been on lots of quicker bikes gixer thou's r1's etc but too fast and soul less not so with the 749s or any Ducati for that matter.
Old 15-Sep-2005, 20:34
Mille

the 999 all the way,I've got a 999s 04 and I'm 16 1/2 stone and 6'4, the pegs were in the low position but my boots were wearing out so I'ved moved them up as far as they can go, it's not high enough so I've put self tappers in them and it's working.
you will need to firm up the suspention but the bike is good for people our size, thats why I bought a 999 in the first place, it's gone full circle with the jap bikes now being smaller than ducatis.
ps you can get a 999s new but 04 model for 10 grand and being a S it will be worth more when you sell it.
Old 15-Sep-2005, 20:34
Mille

the 999 all the way,I've got a 999s 04 and I'm 16 1/2 stone and 6'4, the pegs were in the low position but my boots were wearing out so I'ved moved them up as far as they can go, it's not high enough so I've put self tappers in them and it's working.
you will need to firm up the suspention but the bike is good for people our size, thats why I bought a 999 in the first place, it's gone full circle with the jap bikes now being smaller than ducatis.
ps you can get a 999s new but 04 model for 10 grand and being a S it will be worth more when you sell it.
Old 15-Sep-2005, 20:48
Big Twin

Mood: High as a kite!
Welcome to the club,are you THE rob jones?Tradition states that newcomers get a round in at the virtual bar,mine's a Gin & Tonic with lime thanks.:P
Old 15-Sep-2005, 23:21
Big Twin

Mood: I own a flame thrower
I've owned a 749s for 2 years that has a modification or two. Recently had the chance to put a couple of hundred miles on a 999r. Being honest the 999 was awesome and by far the better bike for handling but I guess that was down to the Ohlins, wheels etc. I would not have thought the 749 could be beaten on handling until I rode it the 999r.

Handling and brakes aside the biggest difference was the speed. The 749 will do 135mph plus with a little work, the 999 will do 135mph with ease and is still accelerating as hard as anything.

If you want out right speed go for the 999, if you want to save a little cash to spend on goodies go for the 749s. Still a great bike and still more than quick enough in most circumstances.
Old 16-Sep-2005, 00:05
888 at Last !!!

Welcome. Gin and tonic with lime for me too

Hard question...... if you don't mind much about power and speed go for the 749S. If you, do get the 999.