Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 05-Oct-2005, 20:31
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
fab - u2u me your reg and I'll check out what the diagnostic was at the time of breakdown.
bradders
Old 05-Oct-2005, 20:40
Mille

Mood: Sparks will fly. If it keeps on
Ask for the filter. Sounds like there mess up, which your going to pay for. Did your mate use the same pump to fill up as you?
Old 05-Oct-2005, 20:57
Mille

Mood: Ride with me, Ground Shaking comes as standard..
Thanks again for your efforts guys.

CCTV - asked the staion doesnt have any, was a little sh*tty station and was only used becuase i wasnt sure how far a "branded" station would be.

The filters have allegedly been cleaned and put back on, so im fccuked by the sounds of things really...

bradders u have u2u..
Old 05-Oct-2005, 22:04
Mille

can you clean a fuel filter???
Old 05-Oct-2005, 22:09
Big Twin

I'm confused...either the bike will run as you describe (idle to free revving) with diesel in or it won't???

If it won't...then you couldn't have put diesel in it

If it does...then maybe you/other did by mistake

But it seems to me you need to confirm without question if it will run with diesel in it or not before you go any further...surely something DUK can answer?
Old 05-Oct-2005, 23:52
GTL

Mood: I want to come home ::(:but then
If diesel had been though my filter I would want a new one. If fact I would have thought they would have changed it as standard. That means the old fuel filter should be available

I would also question 100% ANOTHER Ducati dealer whether and how far it would run on diesel.
Old 06-Oct-2005, 16:15
500SD
Bikes: multistrada, 748R/916

Mood: one very coool cat!
have you any record of payment??? a receipt would be good - how did you pay? cash/card ? most stations (even small ones) have a copy of till receipts - correct me if i am wrong but they will need it for tax reasons??? anyway i think the best way of proving/disproving the diesel notion is by confirming what you purchased.
Old 06-Oct-2005, 19:53
Mille

Mood: Ride with me, Ground Shaking comes as standard..
ok.

Unfortunately i paid cash and the station say as i didint specifically request a receipt they cant confirm what fuel i put in, all they have is a transaction of the sale but not what was sold. Bloody old petrol station, from now on i will be buying all fuel on card with mileage and vat receipt.

I have to say that Cobb and Jaggers have been very good throught this. They took the bike at short notice, diagnosed and got the bike back to me very quickly.

Whilst i am pi$$ed off at this having happened, i must stress that this was nothing to do with what had happened in the service preceeding this.

If it had come across in any of my posts that i thought jaggers could have been responsible then i aplogise. My queries regarding the fuel have really been down to wondering if the fuel itself from the petrol station could have been contaminated.

i think i should post a seperate post for jaggers so if anyone misconstrued what has been said to clear it up.

Any way expensive lesson learnt. Could definately have been worse...
Always look on the bright side....