Ducati Sporting Club UK
Technical - Help or Info - NON Motorcycle
PC's, Internet etc. Cars, or how to fix that leaky radiator - in here please!

Prev   Next
Old 13-Jun-2006, 11:32
Ducati Meccanica

Computer type techy query.

I'm about to move house and i'm looking into ways of connecting new house to internet/phone etc and I have a couple of questions for you techy types if I may please ?
Firstly can't transfer my telewest/ntl account as they don't serve the house i'm moving to so recco's for providers would be nice.
Secondly, we have 3 computers here and i'm buying a wireless laptop. As far as I know 2 of the 3 puters are ordianry cable/lan ? connections. My own puter is set up for both cable and wireless as far as i'm aware and the laptop will be too.
My question is - how do I get both connections, eg wireless and cable off the one incoming cable modem ? Can I get that ?
I don't want to go for a wireless installation from the provider as I believe that means I will need to update the kids computers to wireless connections - am I right ?
Or would it be easier and cheaper to just upgrade their pc's to wireless and be done with it ? Thing is one of them I don't think would cope hence the need for a further pc.

Does any of that make sense ???