Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 30-Oct-2009, 16:50
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: R1200RT F800GS. Hopefully another Ducati soon

What I did after the ST

I had been hoping for well over twelve months that Ducati were going to bring out a replacement for the ST range, they havent and as far as I can see are hoping sports tourer owners are going to buy the new Mulistrada. Its not for me and and just as importantly not for my wife either.

THE ST was the real deal as far as we were concerned it did everything we asked and was reliable albeit I had a few hefty bills. The downside was it was out of date and when we test rode newer bikes they felt safer.

I am disappointed that Ducati have not brought out a new ST, maybe they will one day. As they havent I have bought a BMW K1300S, it ticks all the functionality boxes and is awesomely quick. It has all the extras and I havent found any of them a waste of money, but without a doubt the best is the quick shifter I would strongly reccomend one to anyone who hasnt tried it.

I do miss the sound and engine braking of the Ducati and if Im honest the kudos that surrounds the Ducati marque. I will almost definitely buy another at sometime probably an 848/1198 but I need to sell a few others first or buy a bigger house with larger garage.
Old 30-Oct-2009, 17:19
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
you still have the DR?
Old 30-Oct-2009, 17:29
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: R1200RT F800GS. Hopefully another Ducati soon

i do and the KTM

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit