Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 30-Apr-2005, 23:18
Ducati Corse

AMA California Speedway - this weekend

Originally posted Ducati.com Parts Unlimited Ducati Austin's Eric Bostrom put his factory 999 Superbike on the provisional front row on Friday at the Fontana AMA Superbike event. His teammate Neil Hodgson was one spot behind him in fifth place despite feeling the effects of an illness.

Bostrom began the day at the 2.3-mile California track by finishing second in the day's first practice session. The Californian backed that up with his fourth place effort in qualifying. His best lap time was 1:24.938. "I'm really happy to be on the provisional front row," Bostrom said afterward. "Jon (Cornwell) and Gary (Medley) made a change to the fork for the qualifying session that really worked. The front end was really nice. We haven't quite got the rear end sorted out, so I know we still have a little time to be made. Overall, things are going well and our times on race tires are competitive with the others. We're really looking forward to the race."

Hodgson was fifth in the first of two qualifying session on the weekend. An illness slowed the 2003 World Superbike champion's efforts on Friday but he still managed a quite respectable 1:25.623. "I've got a bit of a virus or something," said Hodgson. "I got it from my little girl. The illness didn't last long with her, so I'm hopeful I'm better for tomorrow. I have no energy and it was hard to concentrate, and you have to be aggressive and have the strength at a track like this. When you feel bad, you want to sit on the sofa, not race a motorcycle professionally against some great riders."

Team owner Terry Gregoricka is hopeful Hodgson will return to the podium at California Speedway just like he had been at Daytona and Barber, and that Bostrom will join him. "Both the riders were in the top 5 today, so that's a good start," said Gregoricka. "Neil was sick today and put in a strong effort despite that. It was good to see Eric on the provisional front row again and nice to see the hard work he and the team have put in pay off for us. We're happy, but we're far from satisfied. We want to be a little bit closer to the front. Our goal tomorrow is to get both riders on the front row and more podium finishes this weekend."

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit