Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 04-Aug-2006, 10:47
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Donington - Final Instructions/Timings

Got my final instructions back today.

Order of qualifying:

1. Sound of thunder
2. 600's
3. CB500/KTM
4. Proberk
5. DD
6. 125's
7. 250GP
8. 400's (& SV's?)
9. Supermono

*All sessions are 15 mins.

Scrutineering:

Will be from 5.30pm on Saturday, 7.00am Sunday.

Qualifying:

Starts at 9.00am

Racing:

Starts at 12.15pm
Old 04-Aug-2006, 11:13
888 at Last !!!

Mood: Hopefull
Is that racing or race???
Old 04-Aug-2006, 11:14
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
well thats handy seeing as i enteredsv's for some practice PRIOR to DD. tossers!

why they cant just leave things alone and stop ****ing about with all the schedules just fails me.
Old 04-Aug-2006, 12:03
500SD

Mood: www.kylebennettmedia.com
Why don't you lot stop winging and do something about it like pull your entries?? Then they might actually start listening if no one turns up

As far as I'm aware, you've paid for 2 races (SV as well) so you can have a full refund since they arn't giving you what the services you've paid for in full, they can't simply charge you £30 for withdrawal after they start making changes

Way I see it is everyone winges about them yet you all seem to just go along with it anyway, which won't help matters when they decide to do the same next time
Old 04-Aug-2006, 12:08
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kye
Why don't you lot stop winging and do something about it like pull your entries?? Then they might actually start listening if no one turns up

As far as I'm aware, you've paid for 2 races (SV as well) so you can have a full refund since they arn't giving you what the services you've paid for in full, they can't simply charge you £30 for withdrawal after they start making changes

Way I see it is everyone winges about them yet you all seem to just go along with it anyway, which won't help matters when they decide to do the same next time

You are of course 100% right dude................but fortunatley for NE most of us wanna race..for good or bad we wanna race.....!!!...sad but true.......

unless all the DD pull its entries its a hollow threat........................sadly

phil
Old 04-Aug-2006, 12:10
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

You're right Kye, but it's no good if half the riders pull out is it.

It's all or nothing.

Then it's up to the RC to ensure it won't happen again in the future.

Notice how the Karts pulled out, and the Supermono's are getting untimed practice - both independant series like DD. We were given the option to pull out though, and we voted to race - although I think this was due to people thinking they would get extra races (It was for me).

On the face of it, it looks like NE have been a bit sly in accepting entries. At least telling us we can enter extra classes for £25, and then denying us the races once the closing date passes. What can you do?
Old 04-Aug-2006, 12:35
500SD

Mood: www.kylebennettmedia.com
Hence why I didn't enter in the first place, I'm going to go have some fun and enjoy my trackday then go home or maybe stay and watch the next day

I'll be deffinately doing Cadwell race as it's my local then I'll see how next year goes but I can't afford £130 for 1 race on my wages, I've practically given up most my social life for racing and I'm bored of getting shafted for it.
Old 04-Aug-2006, 15:53
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
Angry

I've paid £180 for DD and SV yet the SV entry isn't ticked on the entry card, wtf is going on as there also isn't a cheque giving me a refund either ?
Old 04-Aug-2006, 15:56

Maybe NE are pi88ed off with us failing to fill the 2 grids we said we would pre-season and moaning all the time but then trying to gatecrash other classes??
Old 04-Aug-2006, 15:58
Big Twin

Mood: Ducati-less!
Gatecrash? If you pay for an entry and it's accepted, then you're fully entitled to run with whoever you bl00dy well feel like IMO