Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 16-Feb-2009, 01:35
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 916 Senna, 748RS Corse, 1098s Race

Mood: walking on sunshine.....
Talking BEARS Rules - Future for DD?

Morning,

Copied from here:

http://www.ozbearsracing.com/

Is this the future, looks good to me, hey but what do I know.

I hope to be crashing with these guys soon...what is the worst that could happen?

Cheers from OZ all.

Chris

BEARS PRODUCTION:

Machines must:
a) Carry all relevant compliance plates.
b) Be eligible for registration in all states and territories in which they compete.
c) Be of a make and model lawfully sold in Australia.
d) Be as constructed by, or modified with the approval of, the manufacturer so as to conform with Australian design laws for normal road use.

Tyres must be:
a) Used in accordance with SR.
b) Be generally available for road use, i.e. no slicks, no race wets.

Fuel must be ordinary pump petrol, ie no special or 'boutique' fuels, no fuel additives to be used.

The following must be removed:
Headlamp, Tail lamp, Reflectors, Horn, Traffic Indicators, Rear vision mirrors, Centre and side stands, Registration plate / bracket and label holder.

The following may be replaced or modified:
Fairing, screen, rear bodywork, seat, mudguards, tank covers and frame side covers, replacements must be the same in shape and appearance, as the original.
Mounting bracket for fairing, screen and instruments, but replacements must be mounted in the original position, on the frame.
Passenger footpegs.
Spark plug leads and caps.
External gearing, but not chain pitch.
Brake pads, linings and brake hoses.
The muffler and tail connector pipe at the bolt on or slip on flange joints only. The header system must remain as supplied by the manufacturer, but catalyser equipped machines, can run a modified system allowing removal of the ‘cat’ including the header system, if available as an OEM part.
Front and rear suspension springs and internal components but external appearance must remain unchanged. Footrests, but not foot controls.
Handlebars, but replacements must be mounted in the original position on the fork assembly.
Carburettor bodies must remain standard, jets, slides and needles can be changed.
Computers can be re-mapped, or re-chipped, no additional/supplementary 'boxes' are permitted, except where the computer only allows OEM replacement.
Steering dampers may be included, but rear ride height shocks and/or replacement shocks are not permitted, unless supplied as a standard part when the machine was current.

Spirit of the class.
This new class is designed to encourage more people to go racing. It is meant to be accessible and as simple and affordable as possible. It is meant to highlight the additional sustainability of this type of format, and provide a platform for riders who don't want the added burden of development and modification. Rules for this proposed class, have been assembled after careful review of, "Production", "Production Superbike" and "Superstock", regulations in the MA Manual of Motorcycle Sport, With a few exceptions, they emulate "Superstock", as this was the most standard format, that allowed a modified pipe.

Last edited by Chris Wood : 16-Feb-2009 at 01:44.
Old 16-Feb-2009, 14:22
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
FORMULA 5 by any chance Chris as it looks like the cheapest option

FORMULA 5 - CLUBMAN (C and D grade riders - treaded street tyres only)
SINGLE CYLINDER – APRILIA; BIMOTA; BMW; CAGIVA; GAS GAS; GILERA; HUSABERG; HUSQVARNA; KTM up to 691cc; MuZ; RICCI; TM; TRICK; VOR; _NB - There are no development restrictions on single cylinder machinery. TWIN CYLINDER - APRILIA RXV/SXV 450; BMW R850; DUCATI Pantah (up to 750cc), 600SS, 600M (up to 705cc, no EFI models), 620i, 620 Sport, M695, M696; TRIUMPH Bonneville, Speedmaster (new) etc;

I think the BEARS Championship over here died of natural causes as did the Piglet racing.
In your title you put The Future of DD??

By Coincidence I wrote a few paragraphs on this subject yesterday as I believe at sometime we will need to discuss its future format

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 16-Feb-2009, 23:28
Ducati Meccanica

Hi Skids,

My comments were based more on the simple rules, than the classes and bikes.

Easy to read and interpret.

I think that keeping the headers helps restrict bhp, doesn't it, also not allowing PC's or boxes. So that covers the horsepower issues.

Suspension and brakes become a free for all. Good with OE parts, sometimes rubbish and more expensive (forks).

Over here, yep F5 for me, but there is an '03 800ss gathering dust in a dealer near me!!
Old 16-Feb-2009, 23:34
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: 900,900,851,750,750,750, 600,600,450,350,350,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wood
Hi Skids,

My comments were based more on the simple rules, than the classes and bikes.

Easy to read and interpret.

I think that keeping the headers helps restrict bhp, doesn't it, also not allowing PC's or boxes. So that covers the horsepower issues.

Suspension and brakes become a free for all. Good with OE parts, sometimes rubbish and more expensive (forks).

Over here, yep F5 for me, but there is an '03 800ss gathering dust in a dealer near me!!

I think they sound good chris - isnt cutting the krap an oz specialty ?

(And what is the difference btw ?)
Old 17-Feb-2009, 00:14
Ducati Meccanica

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil_h

(And what is the difference btw ?)

Difference?Dunno?

One page only maybe?