Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 23-Nov-2011, 16:04
500SD
Bikes: Class A 620ssie #71 - 853 R/RS Dry - 748sp Wet

Mood: Green with envy
Class C1 eligibilty

A mate of mine is prepping an 853 for racing, and was going to enter class C1. However, he is a novice. He can enter Hottrax supercup though, on the same grid. Should novices be allowed to enter class C1 then?
Old 23-Nov-2011, 17:03
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
I thought Superbike/cup/1c is all NO NOVICE Mike and over 30 ?

Craig
Old 23-Nov-2011, 17:07
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
they changed the rules Craig to allow novices...with that in mind maybe C1 should do the same
Old 23-Nov-2011, 17:18
500SD

I do qualify on one point.........though my mental age is only around 9 years old. Would allowing DD novices riders in class C1 be at the detriment to entries into Class A and B? Or would it increase the overall DD entries if novices where allowed into all three classes?

But seeing as hottrax are encouraging novies into the supercup class, any riders on ducatis I feel should be encouraged to join our gang of ignoble warriors.
Old 23-Nov-2011, 19:56
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
It could be come a mine field as Dave is hoping to have enough for two grids. It could be possible that Class 1C shares a grid with the Superbike class and therefore No Novices. So if we did allow Novices in they then may have to share the Grid with the Supercup guys. So you could end up with Class 1C rookies racing on a dufferent grid to the Non Rookie Class 1C riders.

As the DSC through Desmo Due classes A and B already provide two classes suitable for Rookies/Novices do we really need to provide a 3rd class for rookies. It's been bad enough trying to get experienced Class B riders to move to Class A let alone attract rookies to Class A

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 23-Nov-2011, 20:04
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
It could be come a mine field as Dave is hoping to have enough for two grids. It could be possible that Class 1C shares a grid with the Superbike class and therefore No Novices. So if we did allow Novices in they then may have to share the Grid with the Supercup guys. So you could end up with Class 1C rookies racing on a dufferent grid to the Non Rookie Class 1C riders.

As the DSC through Desmo Due classes A and B already provide two classes suitable for Rookies/Novices do we really need to provide a 3rd class for rookies. It's been bad enough trying to get experienced Class B riders to move to Class A let alone attract rookies to Class A

I agree there is no need for another novice class. IMO starting racing as a novice in DD (A or B) is way fast enough and perfect for building on your skill level.

Best thing I ever did.
Old 23-Nov-2011, 20:09
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlop0_1
I agree there is no need for another novice class. IMO starting racing as a novice in DD (A or B) is way fast enough and perfect for building on your skill level.

Best thing I ever did.

except if there is one grid for all 3, lets face it is there likely to be 2 (over what 50 entrants?!), you will be racing with novice holders anyway
Old 23-Nov-2011, 20:43
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Mallory grid is 32 so what classes share the Classic grid we will have to wait and see. Must admit if I was an ex racer returning to racing on a RC45 or a R7 I wouldn't be to happy about the thought of getting taken out by a rookie on a cheap as chips SRAD converted road bike.

Yes Dave has allowed Rookies in to Supercup but as I stated we already have two classes suitable for Rookies so I don't see the need to open Class 1C up to Rookies
And the only way I could see it been a possibility is if all of Class 1C can run with the Supercup class.

I recall Dallas starting out as a Novice in SoT and recall him crashing a few times and the getting lapped on several occasions. Riding superbikes is not the ideal place to learn to race

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 23-Nov-2011, 21:45
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Wet wet wet
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids

I recall Dallas starting out as a Novice in SoT and recall him crashing a few times

A few???

Paul

15th year in DD #68 and getting slower by the year

1199, SS800 & 620SSie DD racer
Old 24-Nov-2011, 10:50
500SD

Okey dokey, that clears it up. I bet it isn't spit grids though........ All one one grid C1 Superbike and supercup..............