Ducati Sporting Club UK
Rideouts, Meets and other Events
Details of various meetings, rideouts and events that are not Ducati specific.

Old 09-Mar-2012, 11:41
Montjuic

Mood: GOOD..... ALWAYS GOOD..... Life's too short for anything else
Bristol Italian AutoMoto Festival 2012

So i am sorry that it is a bit late but better late than never i guess. so here are the details.

10th Bristol Italian AutoMoto Festival
Saturday April 28th 2012
BIAMF

We are pleased to announce the date for the Tenth Bristol Italian Automoto Festival (BIAMF). The Festival is the best event for Italian vehicle enthusiasts in the UK organised jointly by the Italian Auto Moto Club and the Bristol Branch of the Ducati Owners Club.

The Festival has become a huge success and is a regular highlight to the City’s busy calendar.

Focussed around Corn Street in Bristol's Italianate City Centre, the bikes and cars will be parked 'Latin Style' in what will be the most charismatic, City Centre Moto festival the Country will experience all year. The morning and afternoon “Start your engines” sessions, will make the 'Old City' shake to the sounds of pent-up horsepower, unleashed for the joyous appreciation of the owners and spectators alike.

The BIAMF will take place in Bristol City Centre on Saturday, April 28th and will have MV Augusta as the featured motorcycle marquee, another Great Italian Corner Stone. As for the cars, this year will see many celebrations and Anniversaries with it is also 10 years since the Alfa Romeo 156GTA arrived in Britain, the Lancia Beta makes 40, the Alfa Romeo Giulia hits 50 and Bertone reaches a magnificent 100. The Maserati Khamsin was styled by Bertone and will also be 40, so we hope to see one or two of these very rare cars instead of a singular featured car Marque.

Prospective entrants should make early contact as spaces will be limited. Two wheelers ridden to the event need not be pre-booked but all enquiries please to Sean Good bristol@docgb.net and for details of the ride in. Please refer your Motorcycle Parking plan to see your designated Marque/Club stand locations.

Entrants will be asked to donate £2 to the collection for Help For Heroes.

Bikes brought on a trailer or transporter and cars for display must have an official pre-booked entry – obtainable from biamf@italianautomotoclub.co.uk There will be a small charge payable on application to cover admin costs but all surpluses will be donated to the charity.

All Show & Car related enquiries should be directed to Paul Hanmore of the ‘Italian AutoMoto Club’ (www.ItalianAutoMotoClub.co.uk); biamf@ourhemanpal.co.uk

The Bike Zone will again be organised by the Ducati Owners Club, Bristol Branch. Any enquiries specific to the bikes should be made to Sean Good (www.docgb.org); bristol@docgb.net
Old 09-Mar-2012, 11:42
Montjuic

Mood: GOOD..... ALWAYS GOOD..... Life's too short for anything else
BIAMF Meet & Ride-In Details

THE MEETING PLACE
The meeting place will be junction 19 of the M5 motorway in the car park of the motorway services at Easton In Gordano. We will meet in the far corner near the raised grass bank. (This is out of the way of where the cars tend to park and as the bank is raised, will provide a good vantage point to photograph the masses of bikes. It will also keep us out of the way of the main building and any complaints from the services manager).

THE DEPARTURE TIME
We will meet at Gordano Services any time 0830hrs onward, with a departure time of 0930hrs. (This will give us 30 minutes to travel the 9 miles or so into Bristol and enter the festival for 1000hrs, as requested by the Council.)

THE ROUTE
The route will be straight forward and marked along the way with a few lamp post markers - as per the one attached. I will be placing these markers at all changes in direction, with a few extra along the route. So unless you see a marker please just keep on the road you are on.

The bikes will all be leaving in Marques (if numbers require it these may still be broken into smaller packets). The featured Marque (MV Augusta – this year) will lead the ride in.

We will leave the Services car park out of the main entrance of the services and turning left onto the A369 towards Bristol (that’s the hard bit), we will now be simply staying on this road. Keep following this road, do not turn off, until you reach the roundabout that leads us onto the A370. Of course you will then see the BIAMF markers that will show you to go straight over this roundabout (the 11 o’clock slip road off the roundabout), this will send you in the right direction to the show. Once on the A370 we will then follow the signs for Bristol City Centre over the Cumberland Basin Bridge and then follow the A4 towards the centre. Past ‘Explore Bristol’. Up to the traffic signal controlled junction with the bottom of Park Street. Right onto St Augustine’s Parade (past The Hippodrome). We will enter the centre and keep right, turning back on our selves before following your highlighted access points (per Marque) into the festival location. There should be Marshalls here who will direct you and endeavour to park you up promptly.

Great care and expense has been spent in organising this show and all the aspects of the Ride-In as well as the Marque locations on site. Please can all kindly follow the Marshalls guidance

As all are (or should be) aware, this show is being held in recognition of all things Italian. However it is widely accepted that there will be people who also want to attend the show but may not own an Italian motorcycle. Please can these people be informed that they are more than welcome to the meeting at Gordano Services, to the Ride In (although can I kindly ask that you accept that you follow the ride in at the back of the group), and lastly that you will be required to park elsewhere. Parking has been organised and allocated close to the show on the corner of St Stephens Street. If this is then full there is additional parking on the corner of Queen Charlotte Street. The Marshalls on the day will be aware of these and will be able to direct you to them. Please understand this is not done to be awkward but simply in keeping with the theme of the show, and the possible lack of display parking otherwise.

VOLOUNTEER MARSHALS
As the festival keeps growing so does the attendance numbers, as such I am looking for volunteers to Marshal the ride in, this could be in two roles; Ride-In Marshall or a Show Site Marshal.

Ride-In Marshalls will simply be people to organise and direct one of the many packets of vehicles of the ride in (High Viz Vests Recommended). I WILL NEED A MINIMUM OF TWO MARSHALS FROM EACH MARQUE/MAKE OF MOTORCYCLE. So please designate your marshals and make contact with me and my team!

Show Site Marshalls will simply be people not involved in the ride in who can help with getting all the bikes in from the ride in (off the main highway) and into their allocated Marque locations – also watching for the afore mentioned Non-Italian bike riders (High Viz Vests Recommended). I WILL NEED A MINIMUM OF TWO MARSHALS FROM EACH MARQUE/MAKE OF MOTORCYCLE. So please designate your marshals and make contact with me and my team!
Old 09-Mar-2012, 20:34
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Thanks for posting up!

Stickied so it can be highlighted and added to calendar.

Sound like a great event!!