Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 01-Jul-2009, 12:39

I don't believe it.......

I know we see it every summer but............ just seen a bloke on a brand new R1, T shirt, shorts AND flip flops, I know it's warm out but that really winds me up.(the clothing not the choice of bike)

Old 01-Jul-2009, 12:46
GTL
Bikes: Ducati 888, Suzuki RG500, Triumph Preunit

Mood: On the up
Funny enough saw another similarly clad R1 rider last night on the way home. He did have trainers on but no gloves. Riding like he was in a hurry to crash as well......

Keith
Old 01-Jul-2009, 13:17
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
I know what we ride in is down to choice, but shorts and T-shirt is just asking for it, it does not matter how good a rider you are there is always the other idiot wanting to put you on the ground. I know i will get jumped on as bikers are persicuted enough already, but there should be a legal minimum dress code for bikers. or they should be better educated in the pain and suffering of skin graphs etc, they should also foot the medical costs shoudl they be involved in an accedent wearing unsuitable clothing
Old 01-Jul-2009, 13:48
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
while I think those who ride in such attire are complete tw*ts....they should be fee to choose to ride in what they want.
Old 01-Jul-2009, 13:57

I'm not a fan of flip flops on blokes at the best of times, but how do you change gear/brake with 'em on, and wouldn't they come off at speed?

Puzzeld Wogger
Old 01-Jul-2009, 14:08
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
There is enough legislation from the nanny state without adding to it, IMHO.

What next, his vis vests, separate medical insurance, only CE approved clothing, compulsory leg protectors back on the agenda, speed limiters, etc etc,

Sure, I cringe myself when I see some bike come tooling past on the autostrada with a "naturist" on board, or maybe a semi clad pillion hanging on, but hey ho, live and let live.

I do find it mildly amusing when I tootle down town on a motorbike with jeans and trainers, you can almost hear the tut of disapproval when a bike comes the other way. No such tut when I tool down town on peddle bike though at similar speeds??

Are the risks so different? TBH I feel more vulnerable on the peddle bike than I do on the motorbike.

Ray.
Old 01-Jul-2009, 14:13
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

I've got a theory about people who ride attired in such a way.......they ain't ever fallen off a bike!!!!

http://www.multirole-eng.com

http://www.audicator.com Check out our simple to fit, potentially life saving turn signal alert system.
Old 01-Jul-2009, 14:33
GTL
Bikes: Ducati 888, Suzuki RG500, Triumph Preunit

Mood: On the up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul James
I've got a theory about people who ride attired in such a way.......they ain't ever fallen off a bike!!!!

100% agree with that statement! Not that I am speaking from personal experience of course :-) but picking gravel out of a wound is not fun!

Keith
Old 01-Jul-2009, 14:44
Mille

Mood: Bring the noise!
I commute in and around London (by scooter) everyday and it really is a missed bag. I see everything from full leathers through to, believe it or not, a guy last night sitting beside me at a set of lights wearing only......

Trainers, Helmet (open face) and shorts. No top, no gloves. I think he was speed tanning.
Old 01-Jul-2009, 14:45
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders
they should be fee to choose to ride in what they want.

And maybe the nurses that are expected to dress wounded Limbs that had no form of protection what so ever should be allowed the freedom to choose not to if they so wish.

As many a teenager has found out even a good pair of Levis offer some protection

Monday evening at Cassington was quite warm but I still wore a pair of boots, leather jacket and gloves. where as others attended in T-shirts shorts , trainers and left the gloves at home.

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit