Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 27-Aug-2006, 23:04
Mille

Mood: Ground,sky,ground,sky,ground....
Track Bike Insurance

I am sure I read somewhere that Bennetts were doing track bike insurance for theft of the bike from home and cover during transport to a track (but not while riding) for £99 a year. Did I imagine it or has anyone else heard of it?
Old 27-Aug-2006, 23:09
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D
I am sure I read somewhere that Bennetts were doing track bike insurance for theft of the bike from home and cover during transport to a track (but not while riding) for £99 a year. Did I imagine it or has anyone else heard of it?

Never heard of it to be honest, maybe give em a ring?

Sounds pretty reasonable though.
Old 27-Aug-2006, 23:11
Dibble

I'd be amazed, at £99 they may as well give it away, with the amount of bikes going missing at trackdays and from hotel car parks they are a far greater risk than a £99 premium, probably costs them a third of that to issue the policy !!!!
Old 27-Aug-2006, 23:20
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
Not heard of that but would be interested to know. Best deal I could find for £3500 cover was £183 with competition car insurance..

Nat
Old 27-Aug-2006, 23:21
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIBBLE
I'd be amazed, at £99 they may as well give it away, with the amount of bikes going missing at trackdays and from hotel car parks they are a far greater risk than a £99 premium, probably costs them a third of that to issue the policy !!!!

You heard of quite a few going missing then Dibble ???

Nat
Old 27-Aug-2006, 23:26
Dibble

yep, unfortunately, a couple of the hotels in and around Rockingham have become notorious, hence i'm very picky about my b&b venues
Old 28-Aug-2006, 12:38
BSB Star

Mood: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
There's an outfit in Nottingham insure my bike for transport, accidental damage, theft etc. Costs me around 300 quid for 30k cover. Both Logyk and I have used them. you need to supply a fair bit of evidence to prove what you are insuring tho.

Will try to dig out the details if anyone wants them.
Old 28-Aug-2006, 20:29
500SD

Mood: Out with the grey....in with the satin black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D

I believe Bennetts offer a policy for £99, but as far as I know it's for off-road bikes only. Probably worth giving them a call though as the replacement cost of bikes/ risk is comaprable to the average trackday bike, ie. between £2k-£5k.

Another option that might be worth looking into is ' bikers home insurance ' from MCE. They claim to be " the only home insurance policy that covers your bikes, riding gear & helmets ", offering " free laid up fire & theft insurance " with their policies. I've not used them, just seen their adverts in a mag. Their phone No is 0870 420 7520
Old 02-Sep-2006, 19:50
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
or you could claim for helmets and clothing on your home insurance like i had to last year with direct line,no questiosn asked as long as recipts or proof of gear is available.