Ducati Sporting Club UK
Private Adverts
Use this forum for all private adverts. You must have been a registered member on this board for at least 14 days before you are allowed to post.

Old 12-Aug-2015, 11:38
500SD
Bikes: multistrada, 748R/916

Mood: one very coool cat!
F/S Ducati 748R / 916 ENGINED

NOW SOLD

FOR SALE on ebay £4,200 buy it now - £3,000 start price
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducati-748...item23567c6b95
2000my genuine 748R fitted with a 916 engine, this bike is a great ride and an absolute bargain I am selling as I have become a dreaded Ducati owner who hardly uses the bike and leaves it in the garage. It will come with single sided Ducati performance rear stand. Current Mileage is 9,812 but speedo/odometer is in km’s which is 15,792.
SPECIFICATION
Lightweight frame with adjustable headstock, lightweight racing magnesium marchesini wheels, 50mm straight through termignoni carbon exhausts with dB killers, open vented clutch via cut away case, carbon heat shield and hugger/chainguard, Ohlins steering damper, high spec Showa suspension front and rear with TiN front forks, P4 front brakes with wavy discs.
OWNERSHIP
I bought this bike in 2007 after owning two 748’s previously. I have owned ducati’s since 1999. I liked it because it was a bit scruffy and I was getting a bit OCD about keeping my bike pristine. It needed the super lightweight single seat bracket Tig welding when I bought it, they are really weak, it has been stiffened now with minimal weight added. What I know of the bike before me; it was bought in 2000 I think to club race, but the engine blew and Ducati wouldn't replace it. It was left in a garage, then the engine was professionally changed to a 916 by Alf’s Motorcycles on the south coast (with invoice). It was then traded for a classic restored Triumph, and hardly used after that. I bought it off the older gentlemen who took it in part exchange. I have had it HPI checked, I used a cheap one online and got a false record for a 1997 Cagiva, it took a while to get this sorted but have emails etc. to prove that it is HPI clear. If you want to check it go ahead, but use a proper HPI company or else you will get the same result.
SERVICE HISTORY
I have always made sure the bike is mechanically perfect, serviced every year by Proteam Ducati except one year by Rosso Corse with all the receipts available. The last service was May 2015 and included the cam belts, it has only done 36 miles since. The bike runs beautifully.
CONDITION SURVEY
Bodywork – has a few scuffs and scratches, nothing terrible but is not showroom condition. The oil pressure gauge has a small crack, which seems common and the tank has a small dent which happened as I was getting it into mt house over winter, before I had a garage.
Frame/wheels – a few chips on the wheels could be redone for £100 or so but never bothered me.
Tyres etc. - Michelin pilot power 2ct in very good condition, chain and sprockets have very little wear. Brake pads all good, forget the grade but they get better as they get hotter.
Lights/ electrics – front light a bit fogged, can be cleaned internally, battery is a nearly new Varta everything works perfectly
SUMMARY
A fantastic bike combining the best of the 748R chassis and a 916 engine which is not showroom, but mechanically excellent. This bike rides beautifully, stiff at slow speed if you are not used to it, but really rewarding when you pick up the pace.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg smallaphoto.jpg (425.4 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by misterpink : 29-Aug-2015 at 09:03.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit