Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 02-Jul-2005, 00:09
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Unbelievable,
As you say, pretty unusable as a road bike and no good in bits unless you have got something similar.

Fingers, arms and legs crossed you get the beast back in one piece.

There was a spate of track bikes getting nicked form Hotels & B&Bs near Croft early this year but always UJM stuff that the scum can shift on easy.

Ray.
Old 02-Jul-2005, 17:51
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
Just seen this. So gutted for you Felix, I know how much you loved that bike and how much you spent on it. Try the race clubs web sites to ask them to be on the look out in the SOT classes, I bet the gits have no idea what they have. I'm at Oulton in a couple of weeks, if you email details of bits etc, I'll wander round the SoT paddock and leave flyers/ask the guys to be on the lookout.

All the best mate

WeeJohnyB
Old 02-Jul-2005, 20:00
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Do not even begin to know how you feel felix, but i hope they find the thieving scum bags, they want stringing up by the bo****ks with piano wire

Chris.
Old 03-Jul-2005, 14:43
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Well, so far no real leads. The police, however, are taking this seriously, at least. They are putting out a press release among other things, which will hopefully appear in a number of publications. WJB: I'll email you the electronic version (and whoever else has additional ideas for distribution) to take to Oulton.

Again, I sincerely appreciate everyone's help.
Old 03-Jul-2005, 14:51
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by Felix
Well, so far no real leads. The police, however, are taking this seriously, at least. They are putting out a press release among other things, which will hopefully appear in a number of publications. WJB: I'll email you the electronic version (and whoever else has additional ideas for distribution) to take to Oulton.

Again, I sincerely appreciate everyone's help.

Send me a copy as well mate, I'm sure I can send it around London.

Hope you get a result soon.
Old 04-Jul-2005, 08:21
BSB Star

Mood: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
Absolutely gutted for you Felix
Old 04-Jul-2005, 09:56
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
Sorry to hear about this felix..

I know Lee from ducatispares online had his week old 749R, Monster, spares, and a few customer bikes lifted a while ago, and he lives out in the sticks...so had to be a pro job.

Positive thing was that some of the bits from the various bikes, turned up on ebay, and because they had distinguishing marks on them, he contacted the police who then started to help in terms of catching the scum.

I think if its is a pro job, theres a good chance some of the trick bits will turn up on ebay, so Im sure between us we can help in keeping an eye open there.

Any chance of putting up a list of the trick stuff, and if relevant, details of how they could be distinguishable (marks, colourings etc) ?

Really gutted for you and keeping my fingers crossed.

Cheers

Nat

[Edited on 4-7-2005 by Nattyboy]
Old 04-Jul-2005, 17:43
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Cheers, Nat, yes, I'll have a list of parts together soon with pics hopefully. One of the most distinguishing features is the oversized carbon tank with race mountings and "Ducati 916RS" on both sides. All the carbon parts have the MS Production stickers imbedded in the carbon. One of the nose cones, the Vance&Hines #7, has a single Hella projector light with a custom molded-in mount. Front calipers are brembo GP calipers with Bendix carbon matrix pads. Forks are Ohlins WSB spec with dual caliper bolt holes for either 320mm or 290mm discs. There are crash marks on the left fork bottom. Front and rear spindles are titanium and oversized race spec items. Rear swinging arm, longer magnesium race version, has Marchesini brown baked finish. Yokes are painted in yellowish brown and the middle of three bolts on the bottom yoke, right hind side, is missing with a broken bolt stuck inside. Top yoke has an trail offset scale and a large protruding centre nut.

As I said, I'll have a more detailed description and hopefully a few pictures soon. Checking Ebay daily...
Old 04-Jul-2005, 17:54
Big Twin
Bikes: Xdaivel

Mood: Xdiavel..awesome!!
This really sucks Felix, sounds like u had great spec bike no use to many others really at all atleast not on the raod. Parts should be very noticeable when they come up for sale on fleabay atleast.

Gutted for u.
Old 04-Jul-2005, 20:23
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Felix,

If you haven't done so already, put all the details (like those above) and email it to all the main trackday people and also the club secretaries of each racing club that it might turn up at.

That way they can get it into their magazines and/or websites - it might help as this is the most likely place for it to turn up, if not ebay.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit