Ducati Sporting Club UK
DSC Website - Help and Notices
Information on using the site & requests for help or suggestions, as well as notices about site changes, updates and downtime.

Old 11-Dec-2011, 00:49
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilo006
it is likely because my membership has expired but I cannot seem to log in but can post on the forum. Or rather it does not recognise that I am logged in. Mac and windows. Likely my membership, however always best to check.

You're still shown as a member (you have the red roundel next to your name) so no problem there.

You may need to either clear your cache and/or set the ducatisportingclub.com domain to allow cookies, as this is how it tells if you are logged in or not.

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 14-Jan-2012, 18:59
500SD
Bikes: CBR 600F2-(Ishikawa), Blade RRS-(Baba San), 996s-(Tambo), 996R-(Tambo), MV f1000 312-Tambo

Mood: I like my bike
trying to load the a url but the site clips it back to the main site url when you save the post. Any idea why?
http://ian-miles.smugmug.com/Motorcy...247951&k=4TGJa
but it only keeps the front portion
As does it when you edit as well
Old 14-Jan-2012, 23:14
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Remember that there's two parts to a link - the text you see on the screen and the link that it actually goes to.

At lot of forums will truncate a link in a post (it replaces some of it with "...") so that you don't see a really long link, but when you click it goes through to the full link.

The problem comes when people use the mouse to highlight the link on the page then copy and paste that - it doesn't work! You need to right-click the link and select "copy link" (or similar) or you can click the link then copy it out of the address bar in your browser and paste that instead.

In the case above it works, but the actual link is:
[code]http://ian-miles.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/World-Ducati-Weekend/Ducati-WDW-2010/13708550_Fk6kCF#!i=1005247951&k=4TGJa[/code]

but you see it on the screen as
[code]http://ian-miles.smugmug.com/Motorcy...247951&k=4TGJa[/code]

See the difference? If you copy and paste the text off the page, you're copying the second one with the "..." in it, so you're not pasting the correct link.

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!