Ducati Sporting Club UK
Private Adverts
Use this forum for all private adverts. You must have been a registered member on this board for at least 14 days before you are allowed to post.

Old 12-Jan-2011, 17:19

Wanted/mt940 Sensors

Hi

I am after the oil/temp sensors.Water temp sensor and the speed pick-up ring that mounts to the wheel.
If anyone may have any of these parts,maybe from using the dash can they please drop me a msg.

Cheers
Colin
Old 12-Jan-2011, 18:18
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
I'm currently running a MT940 0n my 998R but will be swapping it to my 955 once I have completed fitting the 1098 Dah, Harness and ECU
I have the info somewhere on the oil pressure transducers that were used, although it is just the transducer and not the housing and link pipe.
I didn't bother with the speedo pick-up ring, I mounted the transducer so that it picked up off of the allen bolt heads and programed the dash to suit. You can forget the early speed transducer and use one from a later Ducati such as a 620 Monster, 749, 1098 etc

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 12-Jan-2011, 18:24

Thanks Skidlids,i have the info on the sensors used,and have a replacement speed sensor,i had been told that picking the signal off the allen bolt heads was maybe a possibility,i will try that.The speed sensor is actualy a crank sensor used on Alfa,Fiat and Lancia that i got for £32.
I was just hoping that someone may have got rid of there dash and have some spares lying about,like ex racers
Old 12-Jan-2011, 18:37
MotoGP God

When picking up off the allen bolt heads you need to allow for two pulses per bolt, so 12 pulses for all 6 bolts on the front wheel and the 13th pulse gets you back to where you started ie 360 degrees of rotation
For the 1098 setup going onto the 998R I'm fitting a later rear caliper plate with speedo sensor and a larger rear disc to match the caliper mount

Old 12-Jan-2011, 18:42

was hoping to mount the sensor on the swingarm for the rear caliper,the pulse number the same for the rear?.
The axel sizes are all the same 748-998 i think?,apart from the widetrack race gear,so a 1098 caliper plate would be a good idea,i have a 955 full floating rear disk to fit at some point,was going to use the caliper plate of a multistrada,but can look foe a 1098 item to now
Old 12-Jan-2011, 19:02
MotoGP God

i'd avoid the 1098/1198 caliper mount due to having the bigger axle going through it as its probably not going to fit, think the one I have is off a S4RS was also looking at one off a 848

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit