Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 22-Jun-2012, 14:05

Introduction / Question

Hi all,

I have been a silent member for the first week just reading and getting useful information. I thought it was about time that I introduced myself.

My biking history is Kawasaki ZX6r at 21 which I crashed at Mallory on a track day, after repairing the bike I decided to give racing a go and I spent three years racing supersport on a CBR600rr with New Era and NG. Best three years of my life but after a big one at Pembrey I decided to call it a day and get back to my life.

Bought an R1 (Which I didn't get on with) and did the Cannonball run a couple of times to get my fix but then I got married, became a father and the bike was sold.

I promised myself that when I got another bike it would be a Ducati and here I am, I took delivery of my 848 EVO Corse SE a week ago and already feel like it's the best bike I have owned. I actually think I would be quicker on a track than my full on supersport bike as it's so compliant and user friendly.

Needless to say "I WILL NOT" be going on a track anytime soon but I am going to tour Europe on it on three weeks.

All in all I am as happy as a pig in the preverbial.

I should add that I bought the bike from Ducati Wolverhampton and I received top notch service and would highly recommend them to anybody.

So now you have my life story I need your help.

Exhausts... Is it wrong to not want to put Termi's on it to be different?

What options do I have, cans only, I don't need a full system.

Do i have to change ECU in all cases?

What gains can I expect?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Stu

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4kh1oq7v1o...40214277_n.jpg

Last edited by gsrmoto : 22-Jun-2012 at 14:21.
Old 22-Jun-2012, 14:27
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Welcome aboard, great choice

I have akros on my even, far better look and sound IMHO than termis

No ecu change although you can get it DP flashed, better still if you have a few spare quid either power commander or what seems to be the best route (£500) have the chip tuned directly for the bike. CJS around Bristol seem to be the name of the moment for this (google your friend on that) but guess at that money it's not that much different to a PC plus Dyno time to set up.
Old 22-Jun-2012, 23:35
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
I'm with Paul, its hard to beat an Akro system, not that I have a 848 to run one on, buit always had full Akros on my CBR6s and CBR9s that I raced with North Glos.
I would also recommend Arrow and LeoVince exhausts, always good quality and always look good.
I would look at getting either a Bazzaz or a Power Commander 5 (PC-V) or a Rapidshare for getting the bike set up to get the best from any exhaust change

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 23-Jun-2012, 09:03
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
Akro,s all the way, i have full 70mm system on my 1098 combined with a Nemesis ECU
Old 01-Jul-2012, 19:55

Well I have procrastinated long enough and after a 200 mile ride (Barmouth and back) I have decided to do absolutely nothing to it...

What a brilliant bike, it makes the handling of my 08 R1 feel like a barge.. In the wet it is just awesome, now that may be a twin thing in general but my confidence in torrential rain was amazing.

I have almost finished running it in so decided to play a little when it was dry.. Performance blew my hat off... What a brill littlebike.

I am off touring France and Spain a week on Friday, 2 x Fireblades and 2 x Multistrada's, there is no way I will be left behind on this thing.

One final thing, I expected the standard tyres to be lousy in the wet, not the case at all...

Why didn't I buy a Ducati earlier????????

Stu