Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 01-Sep-2005, 11:46
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Croft Thursday September 22nd

Yorks region mail went out last night to see if anyone is interested in going to Croft on Thursday September 22nd.

If you are, book direct with the organisers No limits. 01727 899173 www.nolimitstrackdays.com

£99 for non DSC members £90 for paid up members.

First time for me in the inters at Croft

Ray.
Old 01-Sep-2005, 13:49
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Could be fun...

If anyone wants a run out this Sunday (4th Sept) I've been told M&S Motorcycles have arranged a 'private' session at Croft with an open pit lane.

Could be fun...

Frank
Old 03-Sep-2005, 00:19
Mille

Hmmmm , Ive never done a trackday in my life , apart from taking a proddie LC350 round Aintree at an open practice many years a go which i imagine is nothing like an organised trackday

What are No limits like with novice,s ?

Paul
Old 03-Sep-2005, 00:33
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Most organisers are pretty good with Novices and give additional briefing sessions with lots of instructors (of various quality it has to be said) to hand. The recent TD I was on with tracktime had the good idea of an additional briefing for novices after they have done the first session on track so that info on racing lines and tips means a bit more.

Check out my post on the Mick boddice track school at Darley moor for Trackday instruction is you fancy small group numbers and excellent instruction using quality bikes.

Frank
Old 19-Sep-2005, 12:44
Ducati Corse

Screwy,

For Novices, No limits have the whole of your first session led round by instructors. Go for it, forget about all the crap that can happen on the road, speed traps, goons pulling out on you etc and you can just concentrate on riding round having fun.
Just ride it like yer favourite road with nothing coming the other way!

Let me know if you are going and you are gonna ride up, maybe we can arrange to meet up on the way.

Ray.
Old 23-Sep-2005, 11:10
Ducati Corse

Geat day out, weather brilliant and 7 sessions with just one five minute stoppage in the inters.

I must admit I was bit nervous making a move up to inters after a bad experience in the inters years ago at Snetterton. Good size group and no nutters with No limits.
Met up with upturn 666 who was there with his s4R Monster.
Pleasantly surpised that I wasn't getting blitzed.
Even managed to get past someone else but it definately required more thought to do so safely than it did in Novices! as the pace was higher.

Seemed to be circulating at the usual plateau of pace until WJB showed me a different line through the Esses, that made a BIG difference, that and a bit more advice from WJB after the session was worth seconds, Still not as quick in the dry as Felix in the wet!!! at Croft but at least I don't have to get my boots and socks off to count seconds now!

Upturn had a big smile on his face as well, not surprised when he showed me the Piccies from Pete Wileman.

Cracking day out,

Ray
Old 23-Sep-2005, 11:37
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Ray did you see the guy on the RGV500? what a cracking bike, he was at Oulton on Wednesday and off to Croft yesterday
Old 23-Sep-2005, 11:55
Ducati Corse

JPM,

Yep he was there, pretty much the noisiest bike on the track! Didn't get a chance to have a close up look though.

There was also a bunch of lads down from Aberdeen who had done Oulton as well, they come South every once in a while and try and do a pair of trackdays coz even Knockhill is a long way South for them!!

Looks like you had a good day at Oulton.

Ray