Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 05-Sep-2004, 21:30
Big Twin

Had a look at the 996 this afternoon (what a stunning day for it!), and was fortunate enough to have Weeksy and Harv748 from the board to pop over with me.

My first time on a Duke was nearly a disaster...I narrowly missed dropping it at a junction (stupid, I know!), but fantastic nevertheless, much different to the CBR6 I was used to, more snatchy at low speeds than I had imagined, but felt awesome as the pace got quicker. The sound was wicked, the Bora conversion helping that.

A few niggling little things with the bike would mean that I'd have to spend about £500 sorting it out, so negotiations are ongoing to see if we can strike a deal.

Harv's bike was looking stunning and sporting Ohlins everything

Ive gotta say a BIG THANKYOU to Weeksy and Harv748 for wasting their time helping a strange newbie like me, theres not that many people that would have done that, and I really don't know what I would have done without their advice, so thanks lads

Hope to see you guys again, next time with a bike! Weeksy, hope the break heels up soon, same for the (rather heavily) injured gixer!
Old 06-Sep-2004, 00:27
Big Twin

No worries...I quite enjoyed the ride there to meet up, despite one of my footpeg bolts dissapearing (left bottom) and leaving me stuck in one or two gears for the last 5 miles of the journey!

Also enjoyed my first ride believe it or not on a 996, allbeit for 5 minutes...but it was fun I feel an 853 kit comming on!!!