Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 16-Feb-2006, 18:40

Is this the on on E BAY, if it is then be careful it was advertised late last year and i spoke to the guy about it. Ad has been reworded if its the same bike.
Smells funny if you ask me. Ask him some searching questions about its history, who serviced it etc.
Old 16-Feb-2006, 22:00
RCA

Yeah, we talked at length (think he is Danish), did ask some searching questions, and I think he is still searching for the answers...

D_O_D_G_E_!

Old 17-Feb-2006, 00:01
Mille
Bikes: 748R, ZXR 400

Mood: Glad to be back down south.
RCA,
Would need to see a better picture to be 100% certain but from this angle I think the bike is wearing a biposto subframe (pillion footrest mount and same colour as frame, should be alloy and look like it) plus the discs are not mounted on the right carriers, (should be spoked). The rest of the items could just be a matter of taste; mirrors wheels, std cans etc.
But if it’s an R you want then it has to be 100% pukka.
Hope this has helped, as already said if you're feeling doubtful then walk, plenty of nice genuine 'R's out there
Old 17-Feb-2006, 08:31

I would not worry too much about the BP subframe.
I had to do the same to my 748R as a condition of owning the bike. You do know you have to get permission from the wife before you can own one don't you.
Only needed it about 3 times a year mind. In fact still got the original ally subframe in the garage.
Old 17-Feb-2006, 10:21
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Is it a UK bike?
Old 17-Feb-2006, 13:31
500SD

Mood: Come on spring!!!
748r

The brake calipers are wrong also they should be P34's
Old 17-Feb-2006, 14:55
RCA

I have reported the clown to Ebay and sent him an nice email advising him that in future he either carries out his own research prior to listing the bike to establish exactly what it is he is selling, or be more truthful in his listening / description.

What this guy is selling is not in fact a genuine 748R but is in fact a ‘hybrid’ Ducati made up of various parts taken off various other Ducatis. Iam just thankful I did not agree to a sale/price away from ebay, and then drive 250 miles in the van only to discover he had totally wasted my time.

The guy is a disgrace to biking. Thank you all very much for the above advice it has saved me from wasting any more of my time.

Knowledge is certainly power!
Old 17-Feb-2006, 17:28
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
So how did you work out it was a hybrid then????
Old 17-Feb-2006, 19:12
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
Quote:
Originally posted by Chrisiball
The brake calipers are wrong also they should be P34's

Not true. I've seen new R's with a variety of calipers. IMO the best way of identifying an R is to check the injectors in the airbox, check for an oil cooler and check the length of the loom to the ECU in the alloy subframe. The brake and suspension specification of R's varies quite a lot.

Also, being an R it should come with the appropriate paperwork saying it is an R.

I don't think the guy is a disgrace really - no more so than those who have "SP-spec" Bips etc. He might be truly ignorant of the differences and bought it as an R or he might have thrown the bike together to pass it off as an R but, really you have no way of knowing this for sure.

[Edited on 17-2-2006 by twpd]
Old 17-Feb-2006, 19:15
Mille

Mood: thrash the bitch
If you check out the picture you can see what looks like fluid on the floor, could have a leak.....

Walk away my friend