Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 01-Jan-2007, 16:46
500SD

Mood: Out with the grey....in with the satin black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
And so they should, it won't get my vote.

Motor vehicles were only allowed to legally drive/ride a very small percentage of the nation's trails (approx 5%). There was enough scope for all users (ramblers, horsey types, trail riders, etc) to enjoy the countryside. Unfortunately, politicians have taken the same ignorant, blinkered & arrogant (I could go on) view as you, using their powers to kill off a legal minority activity (that was also raising revenue for this thieving-gypsy government through road tax, insurance tax, fuel tax, vat, etc, etc). The NERC bill (the law passed to outlaw the legal use of RuPP's has made perfectly law-abiding riders criminals.

It will be interesting when these trails become overgrown & unpassable due to their lack of use. I can't quite see who'll benefit from that. It would seem like an own-goal for all the ramblers + horse riders.

It really is a shame to hear that motorcyclist's feel this way about other motorcyclist's (albeit one's that like to ride offroad in the countryside).
Old 01-Jan-2007, 16:59
500SD

Mood: Out with the grey....in with the satin black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
I have my opinion and its different to yours. Horses and the like where here before cars,etc and I expect they will be here a long time afterwards. I also think there are a lot more ****s riding motorcycles

Fair enough, everybody's entitled to their own opinion. However, your argument seems a little flawed - cars were here before car insurance & licensed trail riders were allowed to use RuPP's legally earlier this year - THING'S CAN & DO CHANGE - NOT ALWAYS FAIRLY OR FOR THE BEST.
Old 01-Jan-2007, 17:55
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: R1200RT F800GS. Hopefully another Ducati soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
I have my opinion and its different to yours. Horses and the like where here before cars,etc and I expect they will be here a long time afterwards. I also think there are a lot more ****s riding motorcycles

Whilst I am prepared to accept that there maybe more twits riding motorbikes than horses that is no argument for disallowing motorcyclists using green lanes and the open countryside, after all some of us live in it ! Another counter maybe that roads were only tracks before motor vehicles became prevalent so maybe horses should'nt use metalled roads. Maybe horse riders should be licenced as horses kill and injure just like motorcycles.

Why should riders of horses be exempt from having a minimum of third party insurance.

Personally I dont ride a horse or use a motorcycle off road, I didnt hunt either but I do object to the nanny state and other do gooders sticking their unwanted noses in and dictating what we/others should or should not be doing. The same people will soon have your motorcycle exhaust further muffled, your BHP reduced and a device fitted so that your maximum speed is checked.

5% of the available routes was not much to keep open for all users !

IMHO you need to protect every single bit of freedom, unless you do you will lose it.
Old 01-Jan-2007, 22:59
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanDaMauler
Yep!! Thats true, but this petition is to RE-OPEN the ones they`ve closed...

I was refering to the ones they have already closed!!! ;-)
Old 02-Jan-2007, 10:09
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
The stupid thing with all this is that the horses are the next target for the ramblers after motor vehicles-they want ALL of the countryside footpaths, tracks, the lot for themselves. I ride motorcycles, I also like to walk, my partner Jo rides horses when she gets the chance. I have seen tracks badly cut up by 4WD vehicles, I have also seen tracks destroyed by horses, and if you have been up in the Peak district or the Lake district you will have seen footpaths destroyed by walkers..............large lengths of the Pennine Way have had to be paved to cope with the amount of traffic-people.
This lot of selfish gits(the ramblers association) got me so mad with their attitude to motor vehicles that I swore I would get a large cart complete with a couple of shires and belt it down any RUPP I could find that they were walking on-it must have been the beer talking..........

John

Growing old-disgracefully!
Old 02-Jan-2007, 10:44
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty
This lot of selfish gits(the ramblers association) got me so mad with their attitude to motor vehicles that I swore I would get a large cart complete with a couple of shires and belt it down any RUPP I could find that they were walking on-it must have been the beer talking..........

John

I refer the honourable gentleman to the reply I gave some moments ago!

There are times when you just have to say...you know what...**** it...I'm going to stick to my guns and take the consequences.

Me and a few friends have (for the moment) continued to ride ROADS Used as Public Paths (RUPPs) that have now been closed to traffic. You can argue for and against doing this till the cows come home...each to their own...but until I get chased by an off-road copper or shot by sniper from a helicopter...I will continue to use the ROADS Used as Public Paths in a responsible and sensible manner....as I and my riding friends always have.

Note: The picture on the left was taken by a professional, of a professional, under controlled conditions, on private land and in no way represents the carefree and downright irresponsible attitude of said contributor!!!?!?! (honest mum)

Last edited by Harv748 : 02-Jan-2007 at 10:48.
Old 02-Jan-2007, 11:29
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv748
...but until I get shot by sniper from a helicopter...

Gosh, they DO take law enforcement seriously in Oxfordshire don't they
Old 07-Jan-2007, 10:30
Mille

Ahem..... the 'who was here first' discussion is all well and good, but this is about right of access, so affects everybody.

Restriction on access to curb damage by the few is un-reasonable. Curbing the damge is reasonable in my opinion, butthat shouldn't affect everybody.

It get's my vote as I want to be able to take my landie down muddy lanes, rather than just go up and down the occasional kerb in supermarket car parks; drop my R1200GS continually (and quite boringly) in muddy puddles; ride it on a hoss if I want... blah, blah - you get the picture.

Thankfully it's all about freedom of choice... which is probably why it's worth signing if you're undecided one way or the other, but the choice is yours!
Old 07-Jan-2007, 22:20
Big Twin

Mood: Can't make me mind up
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanDaMauler
Are you on the gear already????

Horses should be Insured and taxed just like any other road/green lane user and while they`re at it, lets get the tw4ts on horses to carry a bucket and shovel to clear up all that shite that those shite/cement mixers leave all over the road...

Afterall, I`m expected to clear up after my dog...

I think the reason you are required to clean up your dogs poo is that it's estimated that 100 kids a year go partially blind after contact with dog faeces..... And dog poo smells horrible whereas horse poo smells lovely Just pick up a handfull next time you see some and have a good sniff.......mmmmm gorgeous

Now cat poo, that's just disgusting.....keep cats off RUPPS and out of my garden I say
Old 08-Jan-2007, 09:19
Big Twin

Mood: High as a kite!
The reason vehicles were banned was because of the number of 4x4 drivers whose sole aim was to get stuck in as deep a mud as possible before they got all the 'equipment' out to recover said vehicle.The number of times we used to be riding the Ridgeway and some muppets in 4x4's would be ripping the absolute **** out of the trails trying to free themselves.They're the people responsible for the ban as far as i can see.Ok not all motorcyclists are responsible,but you would have to be really trying to cause lots of damage.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit