Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 04-Apr-2005, 10:45
Mille

Mood: bleedin ecstatic!
749 Exhausts

Hi all, Im looking to get a new exhaust for my 749 Dark BP but Im unsure which one to get. Id like a bhp increase in the process (well, who wouldnt) so I know the Termi would be good.
Anyone had any experience with other road legal ones? I think theres Remus, Acropovic, MIVV.

Can you get away with race cans on the road or are they far too loud?

ive attached a pic of the Mivv one I was looking at, anyone seen or heard these before?
Old 04-Apr-2005, 11:56
Big Twin

Mood: High as a kite!
I got a termi assy system at xmas for £685 new from a duke dealer through ebay.Otherwise your looking at about £1150 rrp.According to Performance Bikes their long term 749s only got a 1bhp increase,so its not worth it on the power front.It does sound bloody great though,and from what i gather it depends where you are in the uk as to how the police look at it.I had a race system on my KTM 640 for 2 years and never got pulled,and that was much louder.As for the pipe in your attachment,no thanks,it's trying too hard.
Old 04-Apr-2005, 12:04
500SD

Mood: Sad my Membership icon has gone:(
The Mivv looks to Triumph.

What about Leo Vince???????
Old 04-Apr-2005, 12:17
Mille

I know it looks a bit dodgy, Id love to see one in the flesh just to know how the lines are, and the sound...

Leo Vince one looks cool, bit pricey though Id imagine.

Block42, if I could get one for that price Id definately buy a termi. Dont suppose you remember where you got it for that price?

Whats the difference in the termi systems anyway, never quite understood the whole 52mm thingy?
Old 04-Apr-2005, 12:38
Big Twin

Mood: High as a kite!
Bridge motorcycles,they had a few bits including a full race for £800 i think.It was all sold on ebay.As for the difference between the exhausts,i think it's to do with how quickly they get rid off the exhaust gasses i.e.the bigger the better.Plus,i fairly sur it would be louder.If looking on ebay,don't just type in ducati 749,use lots of combinations and don't discount stuff in europe from your search.
Old 04-Apr-2005, 12:39
Mille

Cheers mate, will do
Old 04-Apr-2005, 12:42
Dibble

Quote:
Originally posted by sonic

Can you get away with race cans on the road or are they far too loud?

Did you wash your ears out before riding with us yesterday ??? the culmative racket we made was with at least 4 50mm systems on full chat and Webbys S4R ...... lol ....
Old 04-Apr-2005, 13:00
Mille

I know! It does sound evil, but not sure which ones are race and which ones are road legal. Is yours a race system??

Also, casoli do some http://www.casoli.co.uk/start.htm

Anyone heard these?

... Just checked out the range, what would you recommended, the assymetric system, or full system (50, 54 or 57 bore?)?

[Edited on 4-4-2005 by sonic]
Old 04-Apr-2005, 14:34
Mille

Just spoke to Pro Twins about the termis etc, they say they have a second hand one coming in for sale at around 700 quid. I mentioned the chip and he said it isnt necessary:
"In most cases we run them without the chip, it makes them run richer anyway and we just stick power commanders on them"... basically saying you dont need to fit the chip.

He has the leo vince exhausts in there too, they dont need chips (although a power commander would be a good idea anyway) so Im gonna pop down this week and check out the systems.
Old 04-Apr-2005, 14:53
Mille

Tell the truth I am still a bit confused over that statement he made. I thought the whole point was the ECU to 'setup' the fuelling etc so it matched with the dynamics of the system. Surely it would sod up the fuelling if it didnt get adjusted.
You reckon hes just trying to sell it and then blag a power commander on top? If so... 700+ quid seems a lot for a second hand exhaust when you throw in a power commander on top!

(oh, and about the MIVV exhaust attachment: I was just looking for something a little different, every one seems to have termis and thought they look nice on the MV Augusta (not the same but similar) but yet to find anyone that thinks they look anything but crap really... )

[Edited on 4-4-2005 by sonic]