Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 30-May-2005, 22:26
Big Twin

Whats this about a 749R being underpowered with not enough torque ?

I was out yesterday with a few of the lads and most were on 1000s, my brother having a new repsol blade, none of them could keep up with me on my 749R through the twisties and i am no riding god.I looked behind on numerous occasions to see who was behind me but all i could see was a dot in the distance.

How much power and how fast do some people want ? the only time i was overtaken was when i was not bothered which was when we hit a dual carrigeway and they went on about how they hit 177mph on the straight, great eh !!!!!

80, 90, 100, throught he twisties is enough for me, do not know what others think but to me having fun without being stupid is waht biking is all about.
Old 31-May-2005, 01:10
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
I never said it was But when you are use to a 996R and a ZX10.
It would
Old 31-May-2005, 13:03
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Tim, whilst at SS on Sunday Ducati have a 2 seater 999 for demonstrations, no idea of the spec to be honest, does have standard forks etc, but also has a rail bolted to the tank for a pillion it also had black wheels now unless they were painted they must be the forged wheels, and I would imagine they're using them because they're lighter for buzzing around a circuit on. Can you imagine the forces being tranferred to the wheels two up on a race track going as fast as you can?
Old 08-Jun-2005, 03:03
Montjuic

I've got a 999s BIP which I would swap my BIP subframe for your mono, and wheels also if required.
Old 08-Jun-2005, 10:59
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally posted by steve999
I've got a 999s BIP which I would swap my BIP subframe for your mono, and wheels also if required.

I bet you would !!!!!
Old 09-Jun-2005, 12:26
500SD

i've had the same idea for incase i wanted to take any lady friends on the back of mine!
got a bip sub-frame and seat unit, but yet to put it on as i've not had anyone take up the offer of a pillion ride!
:P
Old 09-Jun-2005, 12:29
Dibble

**** ... just flog the ZX10R and do 4.5k on a Multistrada .. .... fitting bip seats to R's is sacrilige ...... get a grip man ....