Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 15-Jan-2006, 11:45
Ducati Corse

Mood: Looking for a one way ticket to the 'Ring.
Corbin seats

Has anyone had any experience of Corbin seats.
I am interested maybe in 2 different types;
The first being the smuggler, this one can make it look like a mono but also give some storage space for lifes bits of crap you have to carry. The second is one called the canyon, this can have a backreast fitted, interested as it will stop my 7 year old falling of the back and saves me putting on the top box every time just for the sake of a quick trip out.

Jeff
Old 15-Jan-2006, 13:20
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: R1200RT F800GS. Hopefully another Ducati soon

Hi jeffst4s and if you havent already been welcomed, welcome.

I have no experience of Corbin seat but I seriously considered one as I did a "Comfort" seat, I have riden an ST3 fitted with the newer "Comfort" seat and both myself and the wife really liked it. If you do get a Corbin I will be interested to hear how you get on with it.
Old 15-Jan-2006, 13:35
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
I've got one on my ST and it's brilliant - It's not a smuggler it's the other one. I'm in a hotel in bangalore at the moment (don't ask) and my internet coupon timer is running out. I'll give you more info when I get into the office tomorrow
Old 16-Jan-2006, 22:18

I had a corbin, hard as rock, took it off and sold it on ebay.. now i have a sargent..love it!
Old 16-Jan-2006, 22:22
Big Twin

Mood: :-)
Yup... Sargent here too!
Old 17-Jan-2006, 00:20
500SD

I have a corbin on my s4. Rock hard and very comfy especially the pillion. Wouldnt want the standard back
Old 17-Jan-2006, 01:02
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Quote:
Originally posted by Rushjob
Yup... Sargent here too!

ANd where did you steal that hey

I had the very same Sargent, no back rest for your son but very comfy, suitable for my svelte figure and Rushjobs fat ar$e as well
Old 17-Jan-2006, 07:51
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
I disagree with ST2 rider. The Corbin is certainly firm, but in a good way like a firm mattress - once you get used to it (which you do very quickly) there's no going back. The firm cushioning also moulds itself to yo ass and I get far less numbness on a long journey than I do with the standard seat fitted.

The quality is good too, nice leather, well finished but it's the shape that I like, it's really well shaped to stop the pillion sliding forward and it's made all the difference for two-up trips.

I'm less fussed about the shape of the riders seat, which is fine if you're an upright, knees tucked in, sort of rider but if you want to hang off a bit there is a lip on the edge of the saddle that makes hanging off feel a bit odd at first. All in all I would rate it as a good buy - I got mine second hand for less than half the price of a new un
Old 17-Jan-2006, 11:38
500SD
Bikes: MTS12S, R1, off road stuff, and vintage stuff too.

Mood: MTS1200 - yum yum yum yum yum yum yum ...
I have th dP gel seat. Imo it is a better seat than the corbin. It is similar to the later ST seats with the pronounced hump on thje front of the pillion area to stop them sliding forward, but is far more sculpted for both pillion & rider. It cost 160 quid I think, from P&H. Take a look inthe DP parts catalogue.

The wife reckons it is far more comfy than the others we tried.
Old 17-Jan-2006, 13:04
500SD

Mood: Smiles
funny, I've got a corbin seat on my monster and I think it's hard too, it came with the bike... it's wider (ideal for my big bum) but I can't see what everyone rates about them....

Not that monster, my new one, but I can't seem to load up my new avatar for some reason it won't accept it..

[Edited on 17-1-2006 by Melnie Mouse]