Ducati Sporting Club UK
Ducati Insurance - Questions and Answers!
This section allows you to ask questions about insurance directly to Ducati Insurance and receive a reply!

Old 28-Jun-2006, 15:52
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Yep, eBike gave me a good quote as well, but I stayed with Ducati Insurance because the compulsory excess with eBike was twice as much...so eBike would be £30 (in my case) cheaper, but only if I never needed to make a claim. If I made a claim they would be £250 more expensive.

I don't see much point in using a company that (in my case) would only be cheaper if I didn't need to use them

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^
Old 28-Jun-2006, 18:14
everton

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpypaul
I was told about Ebike only after insuring my bike (d'oh!) and they came in £50 less than my current insurers! Have a look at http://www.ebikeinsurance.co.uk/ :-)

WTF ... and thanks Paul (is it?)

Tried Ebike and it comes up at £239.40 with only £200 excess.

Will try a couple more as I have until 14th July but thanks for that
Old 28-Jun-2006, 18:24
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Smiley and waiting for the sunshine
I played Ducati and Carol Nash off against one another all day...
I began with nearly £800 as a fully comp quote. Rang Ducati quoted them the price they lowered it and the did the same to Carol Nash.This carried on until a quote of £460.
Well Chuffed I then rang back my own insurance company direct choice to cancel my policy. They then quoted me £350.28 with a damage excess of £450 on a multi bike policy (I now have 3 bikes) after asking me to renew with them for the ss for 500 quid third party!!!!
I have 4 years no claims and have been riding 4 years!
They sure quoted me happy!
Old 28-Jun-2006, 19:51
Big Twin

Mood: Happy.
Hi Dave,

Try 'The Insurance Line', Richard has now left the company however they still managed to give me a good quote.
This year I have a multi bike policy which can cover up to 4 bikes although I only have 2 bikes on the policy, I've added my Aprilia Pegaso 650 as well as my Multistrada.
Just renewed a Fully Comp policy, £500 helmet & leathers cover, £1k Bike accessories cover, £10k Personal Accident Cover and 60 days European Cover all for both bikes £225. I have also decided to add Legal Protection for £25 which covers costs up to £50k making the total £250.

My wife has legal protection also on her bike policy which has proved to be very useful as she has an on going claim. Her solicitors fees are £155 per hour extortionate, how can these people sleep at night charging that sort of money, just imagine some poor newbie biker on minimum wage, scrimping and scraping to make ends meet who can only afford TP or TPFT who doesn't have legal protection! Justice is about how much money somebody has and who they can or cannot afford.

You may find this link useful.

http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/sh...t=30706&page=3