Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 30-Jul-2004, 12:08

Fuel tank capacity of a Monster 620ie dark

Guys/Gals

How much fuel does a 620 hold?

Is there a reserve fuel tap?

I ran out of fuel the other night and only managed to get about 12.5 ltrs in.

Thx
Old 30-Jul-2004, 12:49
Bevel Head

Mood: Grumpy 'Old' Man!
Hi Lindley

That 12.5 ltrs is about right....what does the manaul say?

You do not have 'reserve' per say, but you are basically on reserve once the fuel warning light comes on and the digital read out yell at you saying 'low fuel'...

Before I got my 900ss I had a lovely Dark 620ie '02 reg...and I only got about 120 miles from a tank and it held only 12.5 ltrs....come to think of it my 900, does not hold much than that either....

And have you joined the UKMOC yet?

www.ukmonster.co.uk
Old 30-Jul-2004, 12:55
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
No reserve tap, but should get about 20kms or so when fuel light comes on. (that said, my old m750ie did only 5kms when fuel light came on once - how embarrassing! )

There has been many threads about this on UKMOC board - and the general theory is, once run in - depending on how you ride an 'ie' model, expect to get between 75 - 135miles to a tank, a lot of differences there tho! (if a dark, you have a smaller capacity tank, if you have a heavy right hand - fuel just vaporises.......... )
My thou gets about 115miles till fuel light comes on - unless riding with Surrey DSC - then I drop to about 95 miles

Main rule of thumb for most of us appears to be 100 miles on the trip before filling. I always want a ciggy stop by then anyway

C
Old 30-Jul-2004, 13:39
Big Twin
Bikes: 996 race bike

Mood: Almost over it.
I just wanted to share with you my recent amazing fuel capacity story.

I've just broken all my own records with my 750ss ie and mileage. I've just managed 185 miles on a tank. 115 of these were on the way home from Donnington on the weekend, so mostly slowish highway miles through traffic. The next 70 were commuting to and from work.

The reserve light came on at 172 yesterday afternoon and I filled at 185, only putting 13 litres in the 14 litre tank. Seems like I could have squeezed a few more miles in yet!

Anyway, I'm chuffed to bits because my previous best was only circa 150 miles on a tank.

Phill
Old 30-Jul-2004, 13:49
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
Good mileage!
My previous best was 180m, (160 to reserve); needed 15.5 litres though. This was before my 14t front sprocket went on.
Now I'm lucky to get 150 before reserve and I once ran out on 165m
I may well go back to a 15t when the time comes, although for some reason, my tank range seems to have been creeping back up again over the last few months.

Weird thing is - it doesn't matter if I thrash or bimble, doesn't affest my mpg at all.