Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 26-May-2009, 19:44
Bikes: Desmodue b, 1098s

two broken bikes

I wanted to keep this seperate from the tyre post.

Profuse thanks to David Nicholson (Nogs) for giving me a ride when i thought my weekend was over, and to everyone who came and gave a hand with the constant work going on with my bike. and thanks to my dad who no longer has a road bike

Congratulations to winners Dom and Harriet, and Shep for winning everything on offer.

Had the engine apart today and the piston had broken at the gudgeon pin, the top half was seized into the barrel and everything below the gudgeon pin was swarf in the engine. the rod twisted as the pin ripped out the piston and made a right mess off the barrel.
Not looked at the spare engine yet so dont know the fault with that one but will get to it in time
Old 26-May-2009, 19:51
Big Twin
Bikes: Monster 620ie, 916Bip, Suzuki Gs500 And a Ridgeback but I have to pedal that one

Mood: Scared!
Not a good weekend for you, Still I guess you can drop those rounds, I hope all goes well in time for mallory,

I'm looking forward to mallory, I've never been there but It looks like my kind of circuit
Old 26-May-2009, 20:44
GTL

Mood: Been Testing the 3 P's (Pizza, Pasta, & PERONI!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixtyTwo

Profuse thanks to David Nicholson (Nogs) for giving me a ride when i thought my weekend was over, and to everyone who came and gave a hand with the constant work going on with my bike. and thanks to my dad who no longer has a road bike

Congratulations to winners Dom and Harriet, and Shep for winning everything on offer.

Had the engine apart today and the piston had broken at the gudgeon pin, the top half was seized into the barrel and everything below the gudgeon pin was swarf in the engine. the rod twisted as the pin ripped out the piston and made a right mess off the barrel.
Not looked at the spare engine yet so dont know the fault with that one but will get to it in time
I think I've got some second hand heads and barrels if you are interested?

Mark
Old 26-May-2009, 22:02
500SD

Mood: Moto Guzzi are the new Ducati??
Thumbs up Spare Engine

Quote:

Roy at Italsport, Bury. 0161 797 6124. Had a spare 620 engine that Rick Fogg used to good effect last year.
Old 26-May-2009, 23:18
Bikes: Desmodue b, 1098s

Mark, Im still investigating the options for repair at the moment but if the heads are of an ss I am definately interested in at least the front as it has the rev counter drive that Ive been after for a while

the engine is currently with Roy at Italsport, took it up there today. we have all our engine work done there, Roy really knows his stuff on these bikes
Old 26-May-2009, 23:59
500SD

Quote:

Shame about your weekend, Wish you better luck for Mallory
Old 27-May-2009, 08:06
GTL

Mood: Been Testing the 3 P's (Pizza, Pasta, & PERONI!)
Quote:
Mark, Im still investigating the options for repair at the moment but if the heads are of an ss I am definately interested in at least the front as it has the rev counter drive that Ive been after for a while

the engine is currently with Roy at Italsport, took it up there today. we have all our engine work done there, Roy really knows his stuff on these bikes
Ok I'll have a look. They are off a 583 though not a 620, are you still interested?

Mark
Old 27-May-2009, 09:08
Big Twin

Mood: #65 Double Desmo Due Champion - Class B 2007, Class A 2009
Bad luck this weekend fella,

You'll be back at Mallory, I'm sure

Andy