Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 19-Jul-2004, 20:48
Mille

Mood: Black Magic 999!
Nat,

Got the dealer to throw them in to finalise the deal. I understand that the pressure plate and the clutch cover are about £250 retail (so cost the dealer about £125 I expect). They are both in the DP catalogue but it doesn't have prices in it.

Will post pics as soon as the bike arrives

Guy
Old 20-Jul-2004, 18:41
Mille

radial front end ...

Quote:
Originally posted by logyk
It will eventually have the Ohlins/radial brakes front end .......if Ducati can deliver (what is it with Italians....don't they want my money ?)

I went into Ducati London South (Croydon) and asked about the radial front end. They said that only one exists and that is the show bike which is in the brochure. They also said it retails at £5,500 - is that right

They are building one for a customer - the Beast - which they showed me as work in progress - carbon tanks, powder coated swingarm, dymag carbon wheels, ohlins front and rear, slipper clutch and trick clutch cover (the one that natty fancies) and a custom ohlins / radial brakes front end. I think they had estimated it at £25,000 so far ..... and it's not finished yet.

I am trying to get a front end direct from the factory so I'm hoping they might have a few unused ohlins bits and bobs lying around that they want rid of. :P

best regards

simon
Old 20-Jul-2004, 19:19
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
£5500 my arse Simon !!! That front end kit is £2360 (inc VAT) at list..and that includes a magnesium bottom yoke ! From what Logyk tells me if your cute and get your credit card out at ducati manchester this weekend youd get it for £1900 !

This is the same DLS that said theyd be happy to sell me an S4R in black at list price because they were hard to get hold of..then I proceeded to get a grand off somewhere else !!!?

They are right though, some of the bits on that yellow show bike arent available (the hugger for one!!). Have you seen the hoses on it (again n/a) in the DP cataologue?...similar to a Samco kit but it looks like the main sections are ally (coz there silver it kinda makes the hoses blend into the engine a bit more..)

Nat
Old 20-Jul-2004, 23:50
Mille

scheming & dreaming

Quote:
Originally posted by vman1000cc
Hey, marchensini...

What time were you there? I was there around 3ish, martin also showed me the MONSTER out the back, £25grands worth

I thought I splashed out on mine, I didnt like what they did to the back end of it though, tail chop, big ol`number plate holder, they went the LED tail light/clear lens, but it didnt have the built in indicators (illigal of course ) and just had the DP ally one`s slapped on the side which is a hack saw`ed bit of plastic...That was`nt so good, I think its called attention to detail...
For £25,000, I would want A LOT of "attention to detail".

Still think mine has the tidiest tail in town....:

Apart from that, It was very impressive, dont know if I could spend that sort of money on a monster.....But hey!! If you got it, spend it!!!

And the Ohlins front and back / Radial Brakes.....COR!!!!!! Thats a hard on, right there.....

I was there last wednesday (on a sick day - happened to be passing while getting my prescription ).

Didn't notice the back as it was still in bits. I don't recall a tail chop though - maybe thats a recent bit of work.

Very tempted by the radial brakes though but there isn't really a market for selling used grandmothers now - the bottoms really fallen out of that line of business. I remember when you get get a least two radial front ends for the price of a good grandmother, a really good one could of got you an ohlins rear shock thrown in aswell. Ah, how times have changed.

dreaming and planning

simon
Old 20-Jul-2004, 23:57
Mille

Quote:
Originally posted by Nattyboy
£5500 my arse Simon !!! That front end kit is £2360 (inc VAT) at list..and that includes a magnesium bottom yoke ! From what Logyk tells me if your cute and get your credit card out at ducati manchester this weekend youd get it for £1900 !

Is this actually available then and at that price?? What does this include - ohlins forks, new discs, brakes pads & calipers, bottom yoke etc. If so, then that is a bit of a steal (realtively speaking).

Seriously though, bulk discount anybody?? I would defo be interested at that price and for all that front end.

Now where did I put that card???

best regards

simon
Old 21-Jul-2004, 00:31
Ducati in my Blood

The wife would slaughter me simon...maybe next month..

£2360 gets you the forks, calipers (with pads in situ I believe), bottom mag yoke, carbon mudguard and racing discs..so you right..thats not bad value (especially at £1900!!)

Cheers
Nat
Old 21-Jul-2004, 00:40
Mille

Quote:
Originally posted by Nattyboy
The wife would slaughter me simon...maybe next month..

£2360 gets you the forks, calipers (with pads in situ I believe), bottom mag yoke, carbon mudguard and racing discs..so you right..thats not bad value (especially at £1900!!)

Cheers
Nat

So who do I speak to? Ducati Manchester or Logyk to get this deal, steal, sale of the feckin' century ?? My plan is to get all these goodies on one of these credit cards which transfer the balance until 2010 (or later) when £1900 will only seem like a couple of pints when I will pay it off.

cheers

simon
Old 21-Jul-2004, 09:13
Ducati in my Blood

Check with Phil but from what he was saying, theyve just got a 20% off all DP stuff weekend...

Good luck !!

Nat
Old 21-Jul-2004, 14:55
Mille

Mood: Black Magic 999!
Can any of you guys that are also registered on the UKMOC forum please contact whoever administers it for me?

Registered to be a member ages ago (using the same user name - Gizmo750) but I cant post or anything still. Seems I may not have been "activated"???

Any help much appreciated

Guy
Old 21-Jul-2004, 14:58
500SD

Mood: Relaxed - don't worry about things you can't change
Not this weekend Nat !

They did one last year and I am waiting for one this year ...prolly about beginning of Sept.

I am still waiting for news of my ordered radial front end ....I'll keep you posted !