Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 05-May-2006, 12:15
Mille

Ducati Test Rides

Now im looking for a 749S, i want to test ride one properly, i only had an hour last time in rush hour, and i had to REALLY blag it, mainly because im 19 and look 14.
im Located in Bromey, the only dealer i know is Pro Twins, shame Ducati london South closed down.
Old 05-May-2006, 14:29
GTL

Im 40 and look 60
Old 05-May-2006, 14:35
GTL

Quote:
Originally posted by Wave
im Located in Bromey, the only dealer i know is Pro Twins, shame Ducati london South closed down.

I've only used Pro-Twins for servicing, so can't comment on availability of test-rides, VFM on new/used bikes etc, but I can whole-heartedly recommend them as a very friendly, skilled and conscientious concern. Well worth the trip down from Bromley IMHO.

Let me know if you need directions to get there.

Ian
Old 05-May-2006, 16:39
Big Twin

Mood: 748ish
Quote:
Now im looking for a 749S, i want to test ride one properly, i only had an hour last time in rush hour, and i had to REALLY blag it, mainly because im 19 and look 14.

Are you still on a restricted licence. Ohh from experience a roll of 20's does help the old test ride situation.
Old 05-May-2006, 19:45
Mille

restricted license ran out a few weeks ago, not that thats bothered me before, been on a full power GSXR750 for the past 6 months, just need a little class.

I didnt like Pro-Twins too much, thier attitude was you look young, therefor your scum and wasting my time.
the kinda feeling i got asking questions on a 749S, felt like someone talking to a naughty child, it put me off buying from them, although they would probably treat me different if i pulled up on a 749 for a service.
Old 05-May-2006, 19:56
DSC Club Member
Ducati Corse

Mood: I feel the need, the need for speed.
Snells in Alton have an open day on Sat. with test rides, just take your passport.
Old 06-May-2006, 00:18
Big Twin

Mood: 748ish
Quote:
although they would probably treat me different if i pulled up on a 749 for a service.

I did 17k on a brand new bandit last year the dealer I bought it from didnt want to know me, Knotts Motorcycles. I felt like a sausage in a sausage factory like the specs advert They were more interested in their mates on gixxer thous . I can now say that I can service a bandit very well and know the Haynes manual back to front.
Old 07-May-2006, 19:05
Big Twin
Bikes: Xdaivel

Mood: Xdiavel..awesome!!
Same with my local dealer when i was youger getting a new 748s, first salesman i talked to didnt want to know and offered a crap p/x price on my bike.

After a month thought id try again much better bloke this time give me good price on p/x and i got test ride on 748s and 749 to!!!

Since then bought a S4r to from them just goes to show how one bad experience could have put me off having a duke for life!!!
Old 07-May-2006, 19:13
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Quote:
restricted license ran out a few weeks ago, not that thats bothered me before, been on a full power GSXR750 for the past 6 months, just need a little class.

I didnt like Pro-Twins too much, thier attitude was you look young, therefor your scum and wasting my time.
the kinda feeling i got asking questions on a 749S, felt like someone talking to a naughty child, it put me off buying from them, although they would probably treat me different if i pulled up on a 749 for a service.

doh!
Old 07-May-2006, 19:37
Mille

Mood: gutted.
My little brother had a hell of a time at 19 when he decided to trade his mito evo in for a bigger capacity motorbike.
Even though he had his full test passed etc, a couple of shops here wouldnt sell him anything, and told him to come back when he was older.