Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 15-Jan-2006, 22:33
Mille

Mood: I AM looking forward to racing..
Cheers lads. I did wonder if it was right or wrong, obviously my conscience wrestled with that one for ages! Well, a few minutes...anyway in case any purists are now in a corner gibbering, here's a pic of the garage, note 'red stuff' hanging on the wall. The bodywork I used was pretty tatty and the tank came from Rob B with a vast crater dent in the side. So i've not trashed any perfectly good rare stuff!

Can't think why I put SP 3 ohlins forks on the list, they're actually SP 4.

Yep Carbon 749, sidestand spring IS a little tatty you're right there, i'll av to get a shiny one. As it happens there's a few bits that need a sort, downpipes want looking at, chrome might be the way to go there, plus there's still a few iffy fasteners. Next winter innit!

Rob, breather mod is because I wanted to site the Ohlins shock reservior in the space under the riders seat where the breather box goes. So that's gone, and i've blanked off the hole in the airbox (as well as getting rid of the lid and making a bracket to hold the filter in.) Then i've removed the pipe mount from the crankcase and removed the guts with the reed style one way valves (that was a laugh getting those out, you can't actaully dismantle the unit.) I've attached a short piece of pipe to the unit and have a mini K&N on top of that. It's a proven mod on all my race bikes.
As for the radiator, again another race style mod. The original expansion tank and pipework is gone, replaced by a small plastic bottle cable tied to the back of the rad next to the fan, simply with the rad overflow pipe going into it through a hole in the top. Be careful to cut the pipe at an angle, have another small breather hole in the top, and fill the bottom third or so with coolant. Again, saves a little weight and space.
Old 15-Jan-2006, 22:51
Big Twin

Mood: I own a flame thrower
Quote:
[i] As it happens there's a few bits that need a sort, downpipes want looking at, chrome might be the way to go there,

Not sure about chrome, or in fact a high polish. I'd be tempte to get them "mopped" ie: the first stage of polishing and then fit them back on the bike. This gives a stunning brushed satin finish that will change colour as the bike is used. Great nautural, race type finish.
Old 16-Jan-2006, 12:51
Mille

Mood: Bits fitted service done, Nice
Must have taken you an enormous amount of time and effort and the result is absolutely stunning.
Old 16-Jan-2006, 14:21

Quote:
Originally posted by TonyH
Must have taken you an enormous amount of time and effort and the result is absolutely stunning.

utterly truly amazing
Old 16-Jan-2006, 14:29
Big Twin

Mood: #65 Double Desmo Due Champion - Class B 2007, Class A 2009
Excellent job that is worth every hour spent.

Like Ali, its one that I would like to have in my garage...

Andy
Old 16-Jan-2006, 18:22
GTL
Bikes: Ducati 888, Suzuki RG500, Triumph Preunit

Mood: On the up
Lovely bike!! You should be very pleased with your obvious efforts. I hope your knots are good? The thought of that tank dropping to the floor is not a good one

Keith
Old 16-Jan-2006, 18:44
500SD

10/10
Old 18-Jan-2006, 00:18
Bevel Head

cracking job...
Old 19-Jan-2006, 06:19
Mille

Mood: sensational!!
mate, very nice work. having gone down the "hey! lets convert the fairing to dzus!!" route, i know what a f#$cking bitch of a job it is. very impressed. i can't post here (for some reason?) so if you u2u me your e-mail i'll forward some pics of mine, they are quite similar.
cheers,
paul.
Old 20-Jan-2006, 02:16
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
Top Drawer RSF...!!

Nat