Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 05-Feb-2006, 19:11
Mille

Panels & Tank

Evening Gents,
Does anyone happen to have a full fairing set and tank lying around? (kinda strange things to have lying around I know.....) Doesn't matter about gravel rash as I plan on getting them painted.....anyway, let me know via v2v or e-mail......thanks in advance!
Neil
Old 05-Feb-2006, 19:24
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
Ive got 2 brand new genuine tanks..

An SP5/Strada one, and a 851 SP ally lightweight one (earlier rounded style)..they are not cheap but obviously these are quite rare parts now (and are still way cheaper than they were list from the dealers)..but let me know (sounds like you may be after onen to spruce up a bit!)

Nat
Old 05-Feb-2006, 22:08
500SD

Mood: need a bike...
just sold an OE fairing set, but still have the seat unit parts & panels - also still have a mint 851 alloy tank.
cheers

Neil
Old 05-Feb-2006, 22:18
Bevel Head

A breakers here in Aberdeen have both left & right panels for sale from an 888.

See ducati link in their website www.breakingpoint.co.uk

I called a while back as I was thinking of buying them to have repaired and sprayed for spares 'just in case'.
Finances dictated otherwise for me but I think they were after £150 a panel for them.

Hope this helps,

Alan...
Old 06-Feb-2006, 08:55
Mille

Neil, Think your tank's the earlier bolted on type......wish I'd known about the fairing tho!

Nat, could you v2v me a price for the strada tank (but I think it may be a bit much.....as you say I was looking for something to paint).....

Alan, I tried breaking point on Friday (nice blokes) and got a price, I may give them a ring back later on this week.....

Didn't know if the Ricambi stuff would paint up too well i.e. could you tell the difference from OE once painted? They seem awfully cheap!
Old 06-Feb-2006, 09:25
Ducati in my Blood

On its way mate..

WIthe regards to the panles, aka.erics post will give you an idea of what can be achieved with the ricambi stuff. I think Rob B has also had experience of their panels.

Not sure if QB still have the moulds for the panels, but my seat was pretty good, and no-one can tell me mine apart from an OE one now its painted....ESPECIALLY as its got ORIGINAL ducati decals eh Jasper...??

Nat
Old 06-Feb-2006, 10:30
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
What rearsets are those Nat?
Old 06-Feb-2006, 10:45
Ducati in my Blood

Lucas mate...nice understated look...and full spares backup.

Rich L (Louigi) can get them I think...not bad price wise either (mine were £140). Mine are monster ones.

Nat
Old 06-Feb-2006, 13:25
500SD

Mood: need a bike...
I've seen a bike with the aftermarket fibreglass panels fitted and it didn't look too bad, probably the route I'll go down for a set of spares to be honest.
So long as the prep work, paint job and the decals are good you shouldn't see a difference imo.
cheers

Neil
Old 06-Feb-2006, 13:35
Mille

I think the Ricambi panels are only £35 a side, and you can get the race style centre piece (with no headlight), saw a Buell once with the headlight tucked behind the screen......looked good (for a buell anyway).
Have you had a look at the ARD stuff......at Armstrongs, they look like they do some nice replica duke panels, good quality too.