Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 20-Jul-2006, 21:45
Big Twin

Mood: Hmmm Conference season
Quote:
Originally Posted by paynep
Damn, sussed out. Well, f9ck me for trying to get a competitive edge amongst a bunch of altruists......

Bye, then

PS - Anyone checked the colour of North Glos/Derby Phoenix's grass this weather??

LOL it has to be greener and easier to swallow than New eras.........
Old 20-Jul-2006, 22:19
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: 900,900,851,750,750,750, 600,600,450,350,350,250
(As posted earlier on a site that doesnt crash every other afternoon)
Hmmm ... just a thought ... but the blurb says something like 'because of all the red flags'.
How many dd races have been red flagged ?
Hmm.
Races which dont get red flagged are obviously better _value_ for NE arnt they
Old 20-Jul-2006, 22:42
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil_h
(As posted earlier on a site that doesnt crash every other afternoon)
Hmmm ... just a thought ... but the blurb says something like 'because of all the red flags'.
How many dd races have been red flagged ?
Hmm.
Races which dont get red flagged are obviously better _value_ for NE arnt they

From memory, just one has been red flagged - cadwell last october.

Not sure NE's value is reflected in the number of red flags... they've already got our money.

Seeing this from a marshals pov, I think the delays are mostly caused by the increasing eagerness to throw a red flag for incidents that didn't used to warrant one. Is this just h&s bollux invading club racing? Solution - penalise riders for disobeying yellow flags! The times I've marshalled I've witnessed plenty of yellow crimes, but not once do I know it was penalised. If riders were more considerate of a yellow, then the reds would be far less necessary.
Old 20-Jul-2006, 23:02
500SD

Mood: www.kylebennettmedia.com
We can sit and talk about it here or could we actually do something about it?

RC?????

I don't know whether to send my entry off or not now, I've booked a trackday there as practice, but £130 would get me a good trackday at Cadwell and a night out on the **** too
Old 20-Jul-2006, 23:14
Mille

Is anyone from the RC gonna comment, does anyone know whats going on. As i read it Donington's gonna be 12 laps, if it's not red flagged before we finish. This is not what i signed up for £130 a lotta money for 12 laps plus what ever we manage to do in qualifing (thinking of Oulton). I'm in two minds wether to send my entry off at the moment.
Old 20-Jul-2006, 23:54
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C
Is anyone from the RC gonna comment, does anyone know whats going on. As i read it Donington's gonna be 12 laps, if it's not red flagged before we finish. This is not what i signed up for £130 a lotta money for 12 laps plus what ever we manage to do in qualifing (thinking of Oulton). I'm in two minds wether to send my entry off at the moment.

I've heard nothing from the MT members of the RC and it is they that talk direct to New Era so I'm as much in the dark as everybody else.

What I do know is Donington has 40 per grid and on average Superclub runs 10 different grids, maximum income for the meeting at £130 per grid slot would be £52k from 400 competitors
Even if only 200 entered and paid £180 each for 4 races then track hire is almost covered, but as the meeting is over sunscribed then entries for a second class could be returned as over subscribed allowing NE to maximise income while sticking to the normal Superclub 2 race per class format.
So why one race, maybe they are trying to fit in 11 or 12 grids which could add another £9k to there income.

I'm not impressed I've entered 4 races at a cost of £180 and if I only get offered 2 races for it I can see myself asking for my money back, there is always the chance they could both be Red flaged at the half way mark

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 21-Jul-2006, 00:04
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 916 Senna, 748RS Corse, 1098s Race

Mood: walking on sunshine.....
Toys - Pram

Any chance of anyone being positive about DD.

Untill DD runs it's own race series and funds it self £££££££! This will always be a reality, we are part of a bigger picture.

DD is a growing and learning series, only in yr 2 of its existence, lets not try to kill it off with negativity towards our current supplier.

NE are trying to improve thier club for everyone involved - can't please all the people all the time?

Running 18-20 races in a day takes a lot of extra time in staging, warming up and slowing down laps, less races means more time for qualifying - a problem at Oulton - and ensuring 2nd races aren't cut to 5 laps - like Oulton - try and see it from both sides of the fence.

If 'mud slinging' continues we will have to go 'cap in hand' to someone else next year who may or may not want our series.

I'm not thrilled either, but can people to have a balanced view.

The RC don't comment to the message board, specific questions via email and pm are the best approach.

IMHO

Can we race yet?
Old 21-Jul-2006, 00:17
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: 900,900,851,750,750,750, 600,600,450,350,350,250
If NE simply cut the quali for all but the premier races and gave the rest of us shorter practice they (and we) would have more time for proper racing.
After all, if your quali session is cut short, you end up with a random grid anyway.
Anyone who says thats not safe is talking out of their ar$e.
It works fine for a lot of clubs actually. The second grid can then be based on the result of the first race.
Its a piece of pi$$ to simplify things if you have an open mind actually.
Old 21-Jul-2006, 00:20
500SD

Mood: www.kylebennettmedia.com
LOL, this is New Era we're talking about here, they don't seem capable of doing "simple"
Old 21-Jul-2006, 00:26
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wood
Toys - Pram

lets not try to kill it off with negativity towards our current supplier.

NE are trying to improve thier club for everyone involved - can't please all the people all the time?

Are you on drugs? Which bit of the greed play did you miss??

I'm as positive as anyone else about DD, and always have been, but I know when I'm being shafted. When the dirty fecker printed the entry forms he made a commitment to all of the club members that we would have that race format. Now he wants to accept more entries to the cost of everyone else, and its not on. Can we really consider laying out the best part of £500 for a single race (not including the track day??). This has all gone seriously pear-shaped.......

Last edited by ali : 23-Jul-2006 at 00:54.