Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 25-Nov-2014, 17:28
The Webteam
DSC Club Rep
Webteam
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: A Virtual Ducati

Post R.I.P. - Pete Short - RockJock620

It is with great regret that we have to announce the passing of Pete Short, also known as RockJock620 on the forum, after suffering from a stroke two weeks ago.

Pete was well known in the Ducati community, both in the DSC and on other forums such as Ducati Up North and at Ducati events.

We offer our condolences to Pete's family and friends at this difficult time.

If you experience any problems or have suggestions on improvements whilst visiting our website, please contact the Webteam by Personal Message or by emailing us.
Old 25-Nov-2014, 23:42
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Its been said already that Pete probably would not appreciate just how much he will be missed...

Godspeed

Old 26-Nov-2014, 00:36
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Can't say I knew him that well as only met him a couple of times but he did make laugh

Sad to hear of his passing

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 07-Dec-2014, 13:09
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

04/12/2014

Pete's send off today was very appropriate and poignant and I have a feeling that’s just the way Pete might of wanted it.

A single Ducati rider, Darren headed the funeral procession with some 30+ pedal cyclists
following along as outriders....

The small ceremony building was filled to capacity with well-wishers and I was quite surprised when myself and Tony V. (in Ducati clothing), were ushered to the very front of the hall with all the cyclists present.

A short non-denominational service was held with a touching verse being read out that I was unable to remember but contained many references to ‘taking the last mile together’.

Everyone that I could see made donations to the Air Ambulance Service as requested upon leaving as we bade Pete farewell, on his infinite ride amongst the stars.

Two pieces of music were played during the service, so maybe raise a glass as you listen:

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were

Dire Straits - On Every Street...

Afterwards, appropriately, at a nearby football club family and friends gathered to share some memories of Pete. I never realised that as well as his known talents for cycling and motorbiking that he was a black belt in Karate and an accomplished climber and scuba-diver.

A fitting final tribute was given freely of a sunflower design keepsake with a centrepiece Pete grinning widely and the simple legend:

Sunrise: 15-9-1952 / Sunset: 25-11-2014

Last edited by Iconic944ss : 07-Dec-2014 at 13:35.
Old 18-May-2015, 18:03
The Webteam
DSC Club Rep
Webteam
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: A Virtual Ducati

Copied from DucatiForum: http://ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/pet...1/#post-578386

Unfortunately I was unable to attend Pete’s (Rock jock’s) funeral back in December. Those of you that met Pete will remember a jovial character with a zest for life and all it brings. I know we all enjoyed his days out, his banter and his huge presence.
A few of us plan to ride one of Pete’s legendary routes, east or west (weather permitting) dedicating the day to remember Pete.
The chosen date will be Sunday 28th June.
Preferred route will be through North Yorkshire, Hartside and over to the lake district. However if the weathers crap then we’ll be heading over to Sandsend near Whitby.
Meeting locations will probably be:
North Yorkshire ride
· Leeds (The shell garage at Poole bank bridge)
· Petes shop
· Ripon (Mcdonalds)
· Leyburn
If the weathers better East then the pick ups will be the same as above missing out Leyburn. Obviously feel free if you want to add a collection point on route.

If you’re interested, post and let me know or pm me for my mobile to discuss in further detail.

Errol

If you experience any problems or have suggestions on improvements whilst visiting our website, please contact the Webteam by Personal Message or by emailing us.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit