Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 16-Oct-2006, 14:21
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
Ian

Accepted that you may not directly have access, however I am interested in the webteam directly based on the quote above from Eamon that individual PM's can and have been viewed and the comment from a member that a PM was viewed by a moderator prior to him reporting it.

I have no desire or interest in specific pms that you have or have not seen, I am however very interested in the policy or rule that would allow you to do so if you so wished. I am interested in where that policy is clearly stated for forum users.
Old 16-Oct-2006, 14:23
500SD

Question forgive me for saying this . . .

I know I am not a paid up member - but if I was I would be calling for the MT/Web Moderator to be sacked and a new set or at least a modified set of "rules" to be written + I, as a paid up member would want to be voting in a new member of the MT if not the whole MT itself - cause at the moment they all seem to be a little on the power-crazy side!!!!

Stop bitching about what HAS happend and do something about what WILL happen - its your club - isnt it???

Khushy (preparing to be flamed)
Old 16-Oct-2006, 14:26
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eamonn
Yes, as Dom quite correctly pointed out a couple of weeks ago the webteam have access to all areas of the database. Someone has to have access in order to do the necessary moderation tasks of both messages on the boards as well as messages sent through the PM system.
Both areas are subject to the same rules and regs as stated in the "Forum rules" section seen on the menu bar above.

I do agree with the first part of your message.
But I'm really really sad to read the second one.

It's a shame, a real shame. In no way you can apply the same set of rules to a public forum and a private messaging system. Whatever you think people are using those private messages for.

I always try to stay out of the politics as much as possible. I always think twice about the outcome before writing anything on that message board (or any other message board). But now it will be very difficult for me to support a MT which don't respect my privacy.
Old 16-Oct-2006, 14:30
Ducati in my Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeksyracing
Depends what's in them...

i had an exceptionally violent, abusive and hurtful PM from [a member] last week, i was insulted, verbally abused and ridiculed....

the MT were aware of this by the time i reported it to them.... i don't see this as a bad thing.

Yes it bloody is. Weeksy your comment is rubbish. If I am rude with you by PM, then forward the said PM to whoever may take action. But you should not tolerate anyone having a look at it without you prior consentment.

This place is going crazy.
Old 16-Oct-2006, 14:33
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by khushy
I would be calling for the MT/Web Moderator to be sacked and a new set or at least a modified set of "rules" to be written + I, as a paid up member would want to be voting in a new member of the MT if not the whole MT itself - cause at the moment they all seem to be a little on the power-crazy side!!!!
Khushy (preparing to be flamed)

you're pushing against an open door as far as many members are concerned. it is however just not that easy.
Old 16-Oct-2006, 14:34
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonio600
Yes it bloody is. Weeksy your comment is rubbish. .

that's a question of opnion... and ours obviously differ.... that doesn't make mine "rubbish".... it just makes them different to yours.

Keep it in perspective please.
Old 16-Oct-2006, 14:35
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Unhappy

Quote:
Paul, an email was sent out.
Unfortunately, I was abroad and arrived home quite late Saturday night. As I was out all day Sunday with the DSC Sussex regional meet I have still not had time to catch up on my e-mails.

Quote:
Can you be more specific about your allegation?
Other than saying that statements were communicated to me that were not public, I cannot be more specific Eamonn. When I queried the source it was made evident to me that my previous alignment with the then "Evo Group" had led either Chris, Paul or Ian to believe it would be worth their while getting the WebTeam to read my so called "Private Messages".
I am not aligned with any group, I have moved against any action to split the club whatever the source. I want to see fairness from all parties and responsibility to the membership in general, only then can we, the MT, expect the membership to respect us. I am extremely disappointed that the MT would see fit to authorise such espionage on a fellow MT member and even more disappointed that the WebTeam would be a party to it.
Old 16-Oct-2006, 14:40
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychlist
Other than saying that statements were communicated to me that were not public, I cannot be more specific Eamonn. When I queried the source it was made evident to me that my previous alignment with the then "Evo Group" had led either Chris, Paul or Ian to believe it would be worth their while getting the WebTeam to read my so called Private Messages.I am not aligned with any group, I have moved against any action to split the club whatever the source. I want to see fairness from all parties and responsibility to the membership in general, only then can we, the MT, expect the membership to respect us. I am extremely disappointed that the MT would see fit to authorise such espionage on a fellow MT member and even more disappointed that the WebTeam would be a party to it.
As previously stated by myself on page 8 of this thread....."Imagine if Hitler had the web back in WWII I doubt it would be much different to this" shockingly truthful it seems.Couple of sites that maybe of use here:-http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1998/19980029.htm http://www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk./ http://www.webforum.org.uk/legal_and...protection.asp
Old 16-Oct-2006, 14:42
Ducati in my Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeksyracing
that's a question of opnion... and ours obviously differ.... that doesn't make mine "rubbish".... it just makes them different to yours.

Keep it in perspective please.

Sorry for the rubbish mate, I couldn't control my feelings. I still can't believe what I read though.

I'm way further of my country that I thought before... I may even already be on the other side of the Atlantic ocean...

Old 16-Oct-2006, 14:44
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonio600
Sorry for the rubbish mate, I couldn't control my feelings. I still can't believe what I read though.

I'm way further of my country that I thought before... I may even already be on the other side of the Atlantic ocean...

no problem fella, it's a fairly emotive subject for a lot of people, i can understand when things are said.