Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 04-Feb-2009, 12:54
500SD

i think anything that supports newcomers to the series, and in particular absolute newcomers to racing, is brilliant and i was really looking forward to seeing the trophy presentations last year as i know the effort that went into winning them (and yes, one in particular, i know i know!)

it would be great to do something a bit more special than simply making a presentation at the first round of a new season.
Old 04-Feb-2009, 20:14
Bevel Head

[quote=harriebird]i know the effort that went into winning them (and yes, one in particular, i know i know!)

No one in particular put in more effort than anyone else, we all put a lot of work and effort into our results. Unless of course you meant you wanted to SEE one person in particular!

It's not very "sporting" of the Ducati Sporting Club not to keep its end of the bargain though and reward its members. I've never heard of any other racing club not handing out the due trophies at the end of the season.

The DSC goes on about how Class B is for people new to racing. But this also means receiving a championship trophy is a big deal to them as it's most probably their first ever. This makes it doubly important for the trophies to be handed out properly at the end of the season as per regulations, not as an afterthought at the first round of the following season when no one could care less. I'm sure it's also important for those who've won championship trophies before, but I wouldn't know.

It's not like the forum is my first port of call and I'm bringing the series into disrepute by discussing this publicly. I've contacted the DSC several times about this and was assured it'd be sorted by January. Oh look, it's February!

The whole thing has lost its shine for me now, but it's something the DSC may want to bear in mind for the future as I'm sure other newbies will feel the same.
Old 05-Feb-2009, 12:17
500SD

sorry, i wasnt suggesting that anyone had put any more or less effort than anyone else, just that i had seen the behind the scenes stuff for one person in particular.
Old 05-Feb-2009, 15:17
GTL

[quote=Miss Riot]
Quote:
Originally Posted by harriebird
i know the effort that went into winning them (and yes, one in particular, i know i know!)

No one in particular put in more effort than anyone else, we all put a lot of work and effort into our results. Unless of course you meant you wanted to SEE one person in particular!

It's not very "sporting" of the Ducati Sporting Club not to keep its end of the bargain though and reward its members. I've never heard of any other racing club not handing out the due trophies at the end of the season.

The DSC goes on about how Class B is for people new to racing. But this also means receiving a championship trophy is a big deal to them as it's most probably their first ever. This makes it doubly important for the trophies to be handed out properly at the end of the season as per regulations, not as an afterthought at the first round of the following season when no one could care less. I'm sure it's also important for those who've won championship trophies before, but I wouldn't know.

It's not like the forum is my first port of call and I'm bringing the series into disrepute by discussing this publicly. I've contacted the DSC several times about this and was assured it'd be sorted by January. Oh look, it's February!

The whole thing has lost its shine for me now, but it's something the DSC may want to bear in mind for the future as I'm sure other newbies will feel the same.

Harriet, you make a very good point here and as usual I never saw it coming. Probably off-topic enough to deserve a thread of its own in my opinion.

Apologies to Skidlids and Andy for the hijack.
Old 05-Feb-2009, 17:15
Big Twin

Mood: i'm a grey dude...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Riot

i believe several of the SV races i entered in 2008 and podium'ed, New Era didnt give trophies for... i'm awaiting the honour of receiving (my first and, due to retirement, only) the championship trophy, however, New Era havent as yet bothered to reply to my emails.