Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 02-Mar-2009, 10:31
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
About 3 years ago I had to do some water flow measurements on a WSB at Foggy Petronas. It was Mr Walkers bike. They were getting ready for a meeting and I was told that my results would have to come from one dyno run only as they were not prepared to sacrifice reliability by doing any more.

And how many races are those engines built for, they're not really based on a production bike that is meant to last tens of thousdands of miles.

Do the riders want the series policed or not, there have been plenty of posts over the years complaining about the lack of checks, calling for Parc Fermes, claims of cheating going on. Some of the more heated debates are no longer available after being pulled, but they did take place, I recall one that popped up after Snetterton last year but I can't find it now.

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 02-Mar-2009, 19:22
500SD

I don't think there is much chance of a 583 letting go on a dyno!
I did think at snett on the long back straight mine would let go at some stage
I only had one breakdown and that was a loose wire
Old 02-Mar-2009, 19:40
GTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imola Duke
I don't think there is much chance of a 583 letting go on a dyno!
I did think at snett on the long back straight mine would let go at some stage
I only had one breakdown and that was a loose wire
Pretty sure that Faith-healer doesn't expect one to break either, but was only hoping to prevent a sticky situation. Competitors have said they want the series policed - I'm sure they will accept the risk of a dyno misadventure. To be frank, Id much rather my bike let go on the dyno than on the back straight at Snetterton. But then, my cowardice is legendary.
Old 02-Mar-2009, 20:00
Big Twin

Mood: Hmmm Conference season
Yes to Policing Skids, there is no point having rules if they are not policed.
Re blowing up on the dyno.... If it does go bang, it would have done it the very next time you race it, I know where I would prefer my bike to blow up and it aint half way around charlies..
Old 02-Mar-2009, 20:36
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve GD
Pretty sure that Faith-healer doesn't expect one to break either, but was only hoping to prevent a sticky situation. Competitors have said they want the series policed - I'm sure they will accept the risk of a dyno misadventure. To be frank, Id much rather my bike let go on the dyno than on the back straight at Snetterton. But then, my cowardice is legendary.

But what chance as a mid pack rider getting pulled by scrut and RC.

No problem with policing i have nothing to hide!!!!!!

I'll get my coat and switch channels!
Old 02-Mar-2009, 20:43
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by faith-healer
Is DSC covered for possible claims, from riders/owners of machines in the event of engine failure/damage whilst on the dyno' ?....

....as it will be compulsory

Surely that must be a joke.
Old 02-Mar-2009, 22:55
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imola Duke
But what chance as a mid pack rider getting pulled by scrut and RC.

No problem with policing i have nothing to hide!!!!!!

I'll get my coat and switch channels!

Steve the useual Policy is top 3 and then up to 3 choosen either at random or ones that are suspect.
A lot would depend on how many rounds a dyno could be at. If you could have one at every round you could probably check the whole DD field.

If the same 3 bikes keep finishig on the podium there is no point in keeping on Dynoing them so the honours would drop down the list to those next in the finishing order.

When there was a dyno in the paddock at Castle Combe in 2007 (there to check the GSXR cup bikes) my bike went on it after every track session at my own cost, did a deal with them on the day for several power runs with Air fuel ratio graphs and kept tweeking the Power commander each run.

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 03-Mar-2009, 00:10
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
Steve the useual Policy is top 3 and then up to 3 choosen either at random or ones that are suspect.
A lot would depend on how many rounds a dyno could be at. If you could have one at every round you could probably check the whole DD field.

If the same 3 bikes keep finishig on the podium there is no point in keeping on Dynoing them so the honours would drop down the list to those next in the finishing order.

When there was a dyno in the paddock at Castle Combe in 2007 (there to check the GSXR cup bikes) my bike went on it after every track session at my own cost, did a deal with them on the day for several power runs with Air fuel ratio graphs and kept tweeking the Power commander each run.

Thanks Kev
If the dyno is at one of our rounds i may well strike a deal and get mine on the dyno to see what bhp my 583 has to offer.
Old 03-Mar-2009, 08:49
Mille

I'll try to get mine on Phil Seton's Dynapro before we start but it will be good to get it dyno'd on the same one as everyone else......
Old 03-Mar-2009, 14:23
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
It's funny when you stand next to the dyno and your bike is being revved hard up to the red line (if you have one). You have just totally ragged it hard for a 20 min race maxing it out in all gears, but it somehow sounds a lot different when you are standing next to it - boy it's loud and harsh and you want to tell the guy to stop revving your bike so hard or he'll break it.

Even the threat of the dyno being there can be enough to get the cheats. I've said before but at NE, it used to come every so often and you wouldn't know when until you saw it in the paddock and the word went around.....suddenly people were not in the bar on Friday night but had some last minute work to do on their bike with the gazebo shut, light on, late into the night....wonder why eh?

WeeJohnyB