Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 11-Dec-2006, 21:25
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: I'm so happyyyyyyyyyyyy
Keeping those white frames clean?

OK, so it's been a good year, plenty of good rides and other stuff filling the weekends, and not really enough time to really get into all the nooks and crannies after every ride. With the bike semi stripped, it's no surprise to find **** and muck in all sorts of places and, short of a loom and all off the frame strip, I was wodering how you keep your pride and joy pristine?

Also, it has to be said that the white frame is more prone to discolouration, so what do you use through the year to avoid contamination from brake and clutch dust etc?

TIA,

Rob
Old 11-Dec-2006, 22:46
500SD

Mood: need a bike...
hey rob, I just use Mer polish, apparently it doesn't let the crud attack the paintwork. Not sure if it works or not but I habitually use the stuff on frame, wheels, bodywork etc
cheers

Neil
Old 11-Dec-2006, 22:54
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Found a CR250. Let the bone braking begin
polish
nuff said
Old 11-Dec-2006, 23:08
GTL

Hi and Amen to that Rob. My own "92 strada's white frame is rather stained now, also chipped badly....I think it has the pattina of age, but upside a bike such as yours or most of the T'8's pictured on this forum, it looks downright tatty! I'm afraid the only solution will be another total stripdown and powder coat, I think I'll wait until the engine goes BANG or at least needs a refreash or when the MK 2 984cc motor is finished
Steve.
P.S. All the classic bike polishers swear by toothbrushes for all the nooks and crannies, seems like too much like hard work to me! A coat of paint never made a bike go faster anyway!

Last edited by Mr.R : 11-Dec-2006 at 23:11.
Old 12-Dec-2006, 20:06
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: I'm so happyyyyyyyyyyyy
OK guys, thanks. Get as much of the frame clear and clean, and hit it up with a load of polish.

Rgds,

Rob