Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 17-Feb-2004, 18:20
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Cor(bin) blimey

Thanks to our own Phil Butler advertising this in the market place section, I just got a Corbin seat for my ST, and fitted it in time for a ride out a couple of weeks ago.

First impressions were that it's much firmer than the original, and I wondered how I would get on with it. The good news is that it's really comfortable, difficult to describe but it seems to mould itself to fit. I can't quite move about on the bike as much, I must admit to hanging off the bike in corners quite a bit, and the Corbin shape around the 'bum stop' doesn't quite let you slide out of the saddle quite the same, although I'm sure I'll get used to it.

The good news is that it's perfect for the real reason I bought it, and that was to stop Mrs Jools sliding into me under braking, something she's been prone to since slipping a disc since her lower back isn't as robust as it used to be. She tried it for the first time at the weekend, along with a pair of pillion pals (yes I know, I know) but now she's asking to go out on the bike again....in the rain! Result!
Old 17-Feb-2004, 18:45
Regional Organiser - BHCN
Ducati Corse

Mood: Raring to Ride
And a right tidy job it is to, having seen it on the last ride out.Good news on the fact that Mrs Jools is raring to go then,could this be we could have a few Mr.& Mrs. ride outs in the Summer? 4D
Old 17-Feb-2004, 20:24
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: st2......we can rebuild
since seeing jool's cracking seat,
i've had a go at covering mine.
its not quite up to corbin standards but i think it looks better than the stock one.

i've done it in leather and treated all the seams with dubbing so hopefully the leather will take a bit of rain or i'll have to whip it off and go back to the origanal.
only time will tell!!
Old 19-Feb-2004, 09:28
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Looks like we'll be going for a few 2 up rides this summer then Jools?

John
Old 20-Feb-2004, 17:06
Bevel Head
Bikes: ST2, 750ss, 350 Forza, W650, CB250RS, 5x Royal Enfields

Mood: Nesun Dorma
Hi Jools,
Glad you like it, you ought to bring it back to Spain just for old times sake, and bring Mrs Jools too.

STs are just made for the roads here in the Picos de Europa.

If you want to see what it's like here check out www.Bike-Astur .com
that's my website thanks to Antony.

Cheers Phil
Old 15-Apr-2004, 09:05
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Anybody else tried the Corbin seats as I'm looking to change my standard ST2 seat for longer trips ?. Anyone got one that they want to get rid of ?, seem a bit pricey although I guess with the US dollar exchange rate now is the time to buy one.