Bikes: ST2, 750ss, 350 Forza, W650, CB250RS, 5x Royal Enfields

Mood: Nesun Dorma
Luggage compatibility

Old 19-Jun-2004, 12:10
Bevel Head

Some thing went awry with my post so here it is again:

Does anyone have any info regarding the compatibility betwwen Ducati luggage and Givi, I ask this because i saw an ST with Ducati panniers and a Givi monorack fitted last week. I am after a top box for my ST2, but Ducati stuff (Nonfango) is not easily available here (Northern Spain)
If it is possible to match these up is it straight forward or is there some modifications to make them work together, I did not have time to look closely at this bike nor could I see the owner to ask.
If this were a possibility it would solve a problem for me because i am getting another bike for work hich comes with panniers but will accept a Givi rack, so it occurred to me that i could use just one topbox and swap it between bikes,

unless of course someone has a Red top box surpluss to requirements that they want to
Old 19-Jun-2004, 16:33
Big Twin

Mood: :-)
I'd be interested to see how that setup worked, the reason I say this is that Givi are quite insistant that their topobx kit specific for the ST range will not work with the standard ST pannier system mounted to the bike.
Andy.
Old 25-Jun-2004, 20:52
Bevel Head

Hi Andy,
I could kick myself tfor not taking more time to check it out, however it occured to me that maybe the guy "Modified" it to make it fit. I can understand that a manufacturer would not say that their rack could be modified and it would fit, because they would leave themselves open to all kinds of problems if someone "cocked it up ".

I have just got back from Andorra I have bought a Givi top case in readiness for the next inhabitant of the garage. AMR in Andorra la Vella had Nonfango top cases in RED for silly money. But of course the were not compatible with Ducati panniers ....curses!!!!