Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 24-May-2006, 11:24
500SD

Mood: What's going on??
I for one are glad you are not one of the flock.........bloke asks a question and you give your opinion..not a problem there I dont think
Old 24-May-2006, 12:24
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
I actually agree with steve on this!

For someone that has had no training or imput and wants to go do trackdays, i think its pitched at the perfect point, and lets face it where else can you go for this training?

I think its strung out somewhat as a catch all learning curve, and i know i would get frustrated at this. I do consider it sometimes, but then look at the cost. For me level 1 and 2 is equivelent money to a 4 day track day at jerez/almeria/cartegena....................

It is a valid point to talk about some of the racers who have progressed through the courses, but it is equally as valid to look at those who have not..........and still succeeded!
Old 24-May-2006, 12:50
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
I'm highly sceptical about the worth of such a course to established racers like me. I'm not blowing my trumpet but, I've got quite a lot racing experience I wonder how much I would get out of it....For sure I've got lots of bad habits, I'm no great shakes and well past my racing zenith but, it might be more useful for me to jump in at a higher level than have to go through all preceeding levels with the associated costs.

On the whole, I prefer to listen and talk with my peers and fellow racers about lines, techniques and setup rather than go on some prescribed course where I might actually be getting taught by people with much less experience. I've always learnt something from my peers in that respect and I think I'd get more out of paying for a fellow racer's tracktime and spending a day with him.
Old 24-May-2006, 12:59
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
from the reports i have read and feedback..its great for road improvements if you can apply them but often on rideouts etc you cant....as for does it make you faster on track..i seriously doubt it........its not a race school is it.?

Phil
Old 24-May-2006, 13:00
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
Quote:
Originally posted by TP
Quote:
Originally posted by Dominic Clegg
i know some you have done this because iv seen pictures of your bikes. it seems a lot of money but is it real worth it? what did you get out of the day?

There's no two ways about it, it's not cheap. Is it worthwhile? Well clearly there's a number of different opinions to choose from - it just depends on who's advice you choose to listen to.

I'm now a coach for the CSS Dom so if you want a chat about how things work during the day etc - I'm more than happy to have a chat about it. I'll u2u you my mobile number.

How long are the sessions ? Do you always make it to the end of them :P
Old 24-May-2006, 13:02
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Quote:
Message original : weeksy2
Quote:
Originally posted by antonye
Quote:
Originally posted by weeksy2
Why do i bother ? seriously ???

We do sometimes wonder...

because the bloke asked a question and i'm not a sheep like a large percentage of people ?

Old 24-May-2006, 13:05
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
If anyone *genuinely* wants to know more about how it works and how it could be applied to your riding then I'm more than happy to have a chat about it. Just let me know and I'll u2u my number.

fil2 - if it doesn't make you faster on track, why does the reigning 125cc world champion STILL have Andy Ibbott in his corner? If you watched the coverage of the 125 GP on the weekend you could see Andy's smiling face with the rest of Luthi's team as he mounted the podium, Keith and Julian even mentioned him.

No it's not a race school, it's a cornering school. So it's only applicable to people who ride bikes and go around corners ....

Old 24-May-2006, 13:43
Mille

Mood: Meditating
Quote:

...So it's only applicable to people who ride bikes and go around corners ....

should that be go around corners .. fast without visiting the gravel?

Was that a bit below the belt TP? I only say what everyone else is thinking!
Old 24-May-2006, 13:44
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally posted by TP
If anyone *genuinely* wants to know more about how it works and how it could be applied to your riding then I'm more than happy to have a chat about it. Just let me know and I'll u2u my number.

fil2 - if it doesn't make you faster on track, why does the reigning 125cc world champion STILL have Andy Ibbott in his corner? If you watched the coverage of the 125 GP on the weekend you could see Andy's smiling face with the rest of Luthi's team as he mounted the podium, Keith and Julian even mentioned him.

No it's not a race school, it's a cornering school. So it's only applicable to people who ride bikes and go around corners ....

Thats the sign of a good business ...having case studies and " celeberaties " on side.

Im not disputing that it cant make some people faster on track ! im just commenting on what people have told me that they dont feel the skills they were taught were applicable to racing.........

I can only base my assumptions on what others have said, as i have not been on the course.

be good to find out................

Old 24-May-2006, 13:44
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Quote:
Originally posted by TP

smiling faces after luthi being no where for the first 3 rounds!

as far as cornering goes, i would challenge the fact that learning to corner on a track benifits road riding, as a racing/trackday line is a different line to riding on the road.