Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 26-Jul-2005, 14:06
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Smiley and waiting for the sunshine
I had the most excellent day...Thank you lizzie!

For a start I just want to say thank you to Rushjob and Nelly for taking my bike to Cadwell and allowing me to use Cornerspeed to prep him before he was loaded up! AND thank you Rushjob for the burgers!

It was great to catch up with all the DSC peeps (too numerous to mention) BUT the best cheesy grin award has to go to DSeeRed after he got his knee down!

I started in novice in the first "wetter than wet with horizontal rain and high winds" session. It must have been awful for those first time on track. The pace was very slow and tentative with no surprise really...visibility was so poor you could hardly see the person in front, so there was no way you could look through and follow the lines of the instructor.

Second session was much better, lines were appearing and the rain had slowed, after the first couple of laps I upped the pace a little and to my surprise found that I was moving very quickly to the front of the group. At points I found it difficult as my pace was much faster and there was some tentative braking going on in front of me and I began to feel worried I couldn't yet anticipate the lines some people were taking.

After some advice and constructive critisism I used the next few sessions to get ahead of the group and practice being smoother in halls. Which I'm pleased to say improved my confidence no end.

I nipped to see Lizzie at lunch time and bumped up to inters.

I was a bit bothered as I was with my mates who were MUCH faster than me...

However...Inters felt so comfortable the pace was much quicker.
After I had cracked halls and the woodland section (which was still very oily) Lee stayed behind me and watched me on some of the faster corners.

In Novice I could peg it down start/finish straight then drop it a gear with out brakes to take coppice. For some reason though as the pace was upped I couldn't take my fingers off the brake...By last session though I had got the hang of the increased pace and felt much better on the faster corners.

I could have done with an extra session!
Just been on picman and my body position is much better...fluid, looser and relaxed. Just need to get my body over and get my knee out more and I'm there!
Thanks every one...This club is great!

Oh! And the best comment of the day which will stay with me forever was from Margie
" Mort would have been sooo proud of you!"
L x
Old 26-Jul-2005, 14:28
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Sleeping policeman in IAM touring mode
Old 26-Jul-2005, 15:12
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
a day full of ups and down for me...

ups:
good larf with many
not bad session after lunch (fully ragged tyres does it for me)
the help I got after my bike developed problems (Harv/Jas/Paul/James/Loz etc)
learning about suspension (well, a bit!!)
paella

bad:
losing 4 of 6 rear sprocket bolts! (cheers Jas for the replacement)
realising that short legs equal wollowy and cruiser steering (now you know why I'm so slow paul!!)
lots of back pain coz my airbed lost all its air at 3am!!!!!!! and not much sleep...
2 ****er$ cutting me up and causing me to have a teenage tantrum and come in early (thanks to Pete for getting me a bit level headed) oh and nearly spoiling my day completely! For those two, if you read this, I was the big guy yellow leathers and I had my son in paddock so shunting me off the track would have caused a few issues...THANKS!!!!!!! hope it was worth it..

But as always best to focus on the positives...club/people/craik...could get better

Thinking of selling SPS after yesterday....anyone after one let me know
Old 26-Jul-2005, 23:20
Big Twin

Don't sell the SPS until we've set the geometry properly!!

Then, if you still want to sell.....

Just don't buy a jap
Old 26-Jul-2005, 23:57
500SD

Mood: Is it summer yet?
Quote:
Originally posted by sparkin
the last one being the worst(stretcher) don`t no who that was tho.

It was me
Old 27-Jul-2005, 00:01
everton

Scottch

Wanted to seek you out & say hello yesterday but missed you - glad to hear you're OK.
Old 27-Jul-2005, 00:09
500SD

Mood: Is it summer yet?
Quote:
Originally posted by everton
Scottch

Wanted to seek you out & say hello yesterday but missed you - glad to hear you're OK.

No worries mate - we had a bit of cheek back and forward during the photo shot

All ok here - apart from aches allover, and I'm thinking I may need to pop to A&E in the morning.

Cheers!
Old 27-Jul-2005, 01:20
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
glad to hear your ok dude, was right next to you all day and didnt introduce myself...DOH!! followed you for a bit too when you were getting some instruction after lunch
Old 27-Jul-2005, 13:56
Big Twin
Bikes: 916SPS Ratbike + 749R Shed

Mood: Ugly girls (749) are more dirty.....
Quote:
Originally posted by CK and AK

Tool kit came in usefull for a few members during the day, and cheers to NBs for the space under his gazebo (as we had left ours behind)

good drive home, saw us getting in the door 3 hours after leaving - quickest yet
Charlotte & Alan

[Edited on 26-7-2005 by CK and AK]

Thanks to CK/AK (I never know who is who!) for loan of tools to fit my wets...by the time I'd done it the rain had stopped but I went out anyway! Braking into Park was "interesting" on wets in the dry - oh well, it was fun.
Fitted the Supercorsas back on for p.m. sessions - fantastic fun!

You need a faster van guys!

Cheers,
R X and Scott (748_ARSE Black n' Chrome Nissan Novaro Chav Wagon owner!)
Old 27-Jul-2005, 14:02
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
So how long did it take you then - saw you peel off at Sleaford (ish) whilst we went on & picked up the roman road (B 6403) which comes out at Colsterworth.

C = Charlotte:P