Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 24-Aug-2009, 11:16
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otei
We could hold it on the bridge that the billy goats gruff trip trapped over...then all the trolls would be right at home.

I'm a racer, I stand (hopefully) to get a championship trophy at the end of this. I enjoyed the 2007 Dinner dance and enjoyed presenting the Steve Hambrook trophy. I'd enjoy it even more if I was recieving a trophy, so yes, I'm looking at this from a mildly selfish perspective.

To be honest, I only ever post in the DD section because it's all I'm interested in. I'm not gonna make any apologies for that.

If other DSC members wanted to come to the dinner dance, then of course that would be fantastic.

There are 3 types of people in this world:

Those who wonder what happened, those who know what happened, and those that make things happen.

Seems to me that the people that race in DD are the ones that make things happen.

If you want to make this happen, let's sort it. If you just want to whinge like a little girl, don't post on this thread.

and peolpe say DD has killed this club! Clear show that it has.
Old 24-Aug-2009, 11:43
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban996
but then that was before DD hijacked the club...

Who's that DD bloke everyone's talking about? Must be some very bad guy to have done so much harm to the club...
Old 24-Aug-2009, 12:14
seicento

Hi, Don't want to tread on anyones toes here! I work for an event management company we book hotels for conferences, dinners etc, I would be happy to help fine a venue if you would like,

We can usually sort out a discount with the venue and all you have do is quote a reference,

Supply me with a preferred location, date, likely numbers and a price point and I will happily get you a couple of options,
Old 24-Aug-2009, 12:49
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders

I don't think you can blame DD for everything that has gone on over the past few years.
I still see the Hants group as one of the most successful regions of the club dispite there heavy involvement in DD both through taking part and supporting it as well as supporting many of the other club activities such as yesterdays Megameet, Cadwell Trackday, rideouts. opendays etc and they will be out in numbers again at Benson this weekend, supported by a FEW from Oxon/Berks the region Benson is situated in.

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 24-Aug-2009, 13:09
DSC Membership Sec. & BHCN R.O.
Webteam
Big Twin
Bikes: None at the moment

Mood: Feeling old...
Quote:

I don't think DD has killed the club - just moved it's focus away from what it started out as.
Old 24-Aug-2009, 14:00
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otei
If other DSC members wanted to come to the dinner dance, then of course that would be fantastic.

There are 3 types of people in this world:

Those who wonder what happened, those who know what happened, and those that make things happen.

Seems to me that the people that race in DD are the ones that make things happen.

DD hasn't killed the club but devisive comments like this can go a long way to alienating the average club member from DD and then it gets seen as sucking the lifeblood (the regions) from the club. The 2007 dinner dance was the last one I attended and I recall that when the Chairman didn't arrive in time to do the after dinner presentations we were all wlecomed to the DesmoDue Dinner Dance by his stand-in, CB!
Old 24-Aug-2009, 14:47
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
so how many turnmed up at Popham this weekend? how many regularly meet other than at racing? how many post here their ramblings?

not all DD's fault no, I persoanlly agree that is has changed much of the focus of the club and not all for the worse, and there are clearly other issues which have driven peolpe away, but all the 'new blood' seems to be peolpe only here for the rtacing. With many of the old guard moving on, how can that be good for the long term DSC cause?

anyway, back to the thread from under my bridge

although everywhere is a travel for me from the south coast, I'd be happy to travel as far as the midlands, and think it fairer than somewhere furher south, but with overnights etc cost obviosuly becomes part of deciding whether to attend
Old 24-Aug-2009, 15:09
Big Twin

Mood: If you ain't first, you're last!
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychlist
DD hasn't killed the club but devisive comments like this can go a long way to alienating the average club member from DD and then it gets seen as sucking the lifeblood (the regions) from the club. The 2007 dinner dance was the last one I attended and I recall that when the Chairman didn't arrive in time to do the after dinner presentations we were all wlecomed to the DesmoDue Dinner Dance by his stand-in, CB!

Yeah, I'll hold my hand up. I can see how my comment "If any other DSC members wanted to come that would be fantastic" should be viewed as alienating them.

When it comes down to the bare bones of it, my post was all about making sure we get a dinner dance.

If you don't expect me to react to posts that have a pop for no reason, you must be mental.

I frankly, don't give a monkeys what anyones overly political view of all this is, just as long as I get to be drunk with my mates and pick up a pot.

Lovely, glad we've cleared that up.
Old 24-Aug-2009, 15:30
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Quote:
but all the 'new blood' seems to be people only here for the racing.

Are you saying that DD is actually what's keeping the club alive?

Sorry, I'll get back to sleep
Old 24-Aug-2009, 15:36
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
Ok folks,

I have put the promised thread up in DSC topics.

If you want this to happen then start adding your names to a list on that thread and the MT will get it organised!